113 replies to this topic

#26 DoubleAgent4

DoubleAgent4

Ya Bab-ul-Hawaij

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts
  • Religion:Shi'i 12er
  • Interests:Iranian politics/history,cooking,reading, intellectual people, sleep, eating :)

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:45 PM

Hi, im sorry if im in the wrong chat-room, however im a new convert...basically my Iranian best friend got me into this great religion!!! & he always speaks about shaikh Yaser Al-Habib, my friend learnt alot from his lectures...anyway i would like to know if i can study with the shaikh??? where can i go for his lectures please help my brothers&sisters thank youuuuuuuuuu.

There's a new Shia Channel with him giving lectures : http://www.shiachat....79660-fadak-tv/

Edited by Hawraa29, 20 September 2010 - 12:46 PM.

#27 Shia Future

Shia Future
  • Basic Members
  • 35 posts
  • Religion:Shia Islam 4 Lyf
  • Interests:Internet Forums

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:00 PM

(salam)

I do not agree with majority of the views this sheikh protrays as it seems to be destructive and very damaging to the shia community. the truth must be protrayed but ofcourse with the correct methods and with aklaq and consideration. the sheikh does not protray tht

#28 Baaqir

Baaqir

Rafidhi

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:44 PM

The title "Sheikh" is used too lightly nowadays.

Hasan Sajjad
President

ÇáÓáÇã Úáíßã æÑÍãÉ Çááå æÈÑßÉ

I agree. This article on alqatrah.org notes that his studies began fourteen years ago,

"1. Sheikh al-Habib has begun his Hawza (Shi’a Islamic) studies about fourteen years ago, after which he has been granted the honorary rank and title of “Allamah” by Ayatollah Sayed Sadiq al-Shirazi (May Allah prolong his life).

The Sheikh is currently studying Bahthul Kharij (graduation class) which is known as the top academic stage in Shi’a Islamic studies, as well as teaching the secondary level in Hawza studies known as al-Sutuhul ‘Aliyah (external)."

#29 89jghur32

89jghur32

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • Religion:ÇáÅÓáÇã
  • Interests:Implementing the Amman Message

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:49 PM

May Allah remove him from His mercy and protect our community and the greater Ummah from his fitnah and of those like him.

#30 ThE-Samz

ThE-Samz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Religion:Shia of Prophet Muhammad(saw) and his family the Ahlulbayt(as)

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:54 PM

I have heard that yasser al habib has said that the prophets wife is a prostitute. is this true? and if it is then this guy should not be called shia. i have also heard that he said bad things about sayyid Modarresi (may Allah grant him a long life) and marhum Ayatollah Fadlallah (may Allah elevate his stautus in paradise). This guy is defaming all shias. There is a protest which will occur tomorrow 26th september in Hyde park, London against this cleric for calling the prophets wife a prostitute.

#31 Ali_Hussain

Ali_Hussain

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,743 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:58 PM

Really, I doubt he said anything about moderassi (which one mehdi?) they are coming from the same angle, but of course the moderassis seem to have more class and sense than to come out and use such vile language in public (or at all)
either way, this habib person is without a doubt not the kind of person you'd want your sunni friend you are trying to invite to the ahlul bayt to see.

There is a protest which will occur tomorrow 26th september in Hyde park, London against this cleric for calling the prophets wife a prostitute.

is this organised by our community or the sunnis? we should have taken the initiative

Edited by ShahHussain, 25 September 2010 - 04:06 PM.

#32 Al-Afasy

Al-Afasy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:25 PM

Really, I doubt he said anything about moderassi (which one mehdi?) they are coming from the same angle, but of course the moderassis seem to have more class and sense than to come out and use such vile language in public (or at all)
either way, this habib person is without a doubt not the kind of person you'd want your sunni friend you are trying to invite to the ahlul bayt to see.

is this organised by our community or the sunnis? we should have taken the initiative

You and your fadlallah are no better either so stop trying to target shirazis in every other post you make. Sheikh Yassir al Habib said already he doesn't care what people on Shiachat think of him so there really is no point of speaking about him anymore.

Edited by haidar al karrar, 25 September 2010 - 04:28 PM.

#33 Ukht

Ukht

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:28 PM

From what I have seen & heard about this man, he is a dog.

#34 lotfilms

lotfilms

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:30 PM

(bismillah)
(salam)

ÇáÓáÇã Úáíßã æÑÍãÉ Çááå æÈÑßÉ

I agree. This article on alqatrah.org notes that his studies began fourteen years ago,

"1. Sheikh al-Habib has begun his Hawza (Shi’a Islamic) studies about fourteen years ago, after which he has been granted the honorary rank and title of “Allamah” by Ayatollah Sayed Sadiq al-Shirazi (May Allah prolong his life).

The Sheikh is currently studying Bahthul Kharij (graduation class) which is known as the top academic stage in Shi’a Islamic studies, as well as teaching the secondary level in Hawza studies known as al-Sutuhul ‘Aliyah (external)."

Maybe you should quote the parts of his website where he declares most of the great Shia scholars of the past century to be astray/corrupt ;)

was salam

#35 Yahya2004

Yahya2004

burnout

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Religion:ماكو

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:29 PM

(salam)

Shaykh Yasser al Habib does tabarra from Sayyed Hadi Modaressi.

Well, you may doubt all you wish, the above is a statement from Yasser al Habib against Sayyed Hadi Modaressi (Sayyed Mahdi's father) whom he disagreed with over visiting Sayyed Fadhlullah in his restaraunt in Lebanon.

They are not coming from the same angle at all, and your rather shallow and narrow minded type-casting based upon your pre-conceptions will not be swallowed by many people on this issue.

#36 89jghur32

89jghur32

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:29 PM

(bismillah)
(salam)

Maybe you should quote the parts of his website where he declares most of the great Shia scholars of the past century to be astray/corrupt ;)

was salam

I second this. In case anyone didn't notice, he declared Ayatollah Taqi Behjat ÞÏÓ Çááå ÓÑå and Shaheed al-Sayyed Muhammad Baqir as-Sadr ÞÏÓ Çááå ÓÑå corrupt. How the heck does one even come to that conclusion?!

#37 Yahya2004

Yahya2004

burnout

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:34 PM

(bismillah)
(salam)

was salam

(wasalam)

I think we can agree that his denouncing of half our contemporary 'Ulema of Inharraf could definitely be called in question and does suggest someone being a bit of a loose cannon.

However could we at least bro see some consistency on your behalf as with all due respect, you were very quick to call for Unity with Sunnis and Salafis who would probably see more than just Fasad al Madhhab about our 'Ulema don't you think?

I'm sorry if I come across if I'm attacking, I just despise that we are so harsh with ourselves yet let the Ahl al Khallaf off the hook and bow down and beg them for recognition more often than not.

Wasalaam.

#38 Baaqir

Baaqir

Rafidhi

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:19 PM

(bismillah)
(salam)

was salam

æÚáíßã ÓáÇã æÑÍãÉ Çááå

I quoted that from alqatrah.org to point out that this individual isn't an up-start or fraud and that he has actually spent time learning. This doesn't defend his actions, it raises awareness about who we're speaking about. I haven't read about what he said about Sayyid Hadi because I'm not fluent in Arabic and to my knowledge, he hasn't made those comments on the English portion of the site. Yasser al-Habib needs to be debated/confronted by well learned scholar.

#39 Abu Izrael

Abu Izrael

Tatbir4life

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:51 AM

I'd like to point out that Shaikh Habib's views in no way represent all Shirazis views, in fact he claims to be a mujtahid so his views are officially his own. Probably all shirazis i've met dont have any hatred towards Mohammed Baqir Al Sadr and Behjat.
Also, he's not a total fitna-spreader, you can find many vids of him on youtube helping non muslims say the shahada. He's also starting a channel to help spread Shia beliefs
I'm a shirazi follower myself but I have to admit, some of the things he does are stupid, such as getting his kuwaiti citizenship revoked for holding a celebration for aisha's death. LOL, he really screwed himself there.

Edited by HassoonBazoon, 26 September 2010 - 12:51 AM.

#40 Gypsy

Gypsy

Hal Min Nasirin Yansurna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,509 posts
  • Interests:Exposing hypocrisy and double standards.

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:40 AM

(salam)
Is this him?

#41 yassameen

yassameen

Whatever

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  • Interests:nooon

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:47 AM

yes thats him

#42 89jghur32

89jghur32

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:36 PM

(salam)
Is this him?

He really should not be putting that stuff out there with such confidence because a lot of it is disputed. And, what's up with calling Sunnis Bakris?

May Allah curse him.

#43 Yahya2004

Yahya2004

burnout

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:07 PM

He really should not be putting that stuff out there with such confidence because a lot of it is disputed. And, what's up with calling Sunnis Bakris?

May Allah curse him.

(salam)

As for calling Sunnis, Bakris, this is nothing and from amongst the Lions in our Ulema of Days of Old, we have referred to them with names much more offensive. If this is the crux of your contentions with Yassir Habib, then Ironically you are making much Ado about nothing and would do the Madhhab a favour by not raising objections which would shoot our Classical 'Ulema in the foot.

As for cursing him, well I can state categorically, I believe the whole Aisha Party was not a smart thing to do nor even a Shi'a thing to do, however I do not curse Imami brothers. Indeed, I find self-hating Shi'as such as yourself nothing but self-destructive and from amongst the emotional who are unable to sustain their ground in rational or religious discourse regarding issues in which there is ikhtilaf or difference of opinion.

Ironically you curse Shaykh Yassir, who is Shi'a, yet you desire Unity with the followers and ones who venerate they who are amongst the worst wretched and accursed in History. Before you retort by stating that cursing Ghulat is allowed, you are calling to the Amman Message which calls for Unity with Aga Khanis and well according to the Ithna Ashari epistemology they are indeed the accursed Ghulat and followers of the legacy of Abu'l Khattab. Yet you call for Unity with them. Classic and consistent approach.

#44 lotfilms

lotfilms

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:25 PM

(bismillah)
(salam)

However could we at least bro see some consistency on your behalf as with all due respect, you were very quick to call for Unity with Sunnis and Salafis who would probably see more than just Fasad al Madhhab about our 'Ulema don't you think?

I'm sorry if I come across if I'm attacking, I just despise that we are so harsh with ourselves yet let the Ahl al Khallaf off the hook and bow down and beg them for recognition more often than not.

i would even want unity with this guy. Standing up as one united Ummah doesn't mean we have to agree with everyone.

i just don't see why young and ignorant Shias would be quick to follow this guy when he's not much better than the guys in Saudi Arabia.

And what exactly is "ourselves"? How could we consider ghulat who commit shirk and would be cursed by the Imams themselves as "ourselves"?
Similarly, how can a Shia who loves al-Khomeini, al-Sistani, Baqir al-Sadr, and other scholars who dedicated their lives serving Allah(swt) also love a guy who calls them corrupt and astray?
It's like loving Ali(as) and loving the people who cursed Ali.

i distance myself from those who go away from the Quran, no matter what they call themselves. If a Salafi tells me that i should blindly obey a drunken Khalifah, then i would disagree with him on this point.
If a wanna-be Shia tells me to curse Ayatullah Bahjat, then i would disagree with him on this point.

Labels mean nothing to me. If a person says something that is in accordance with the Quran and Sunnah, how could i go against it?
If a person says something that goes against the Quran and Sunnah, how could i follow it?

was salam

Edited by lotfilms, 26 September 2010 - 01:26 PM.

#45 89jghur32

89jghur32

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:34 PM

He is not a Shi`ite; he is a liar and a source of chaos for our community and the Ummah.

#46 Haydar Husayn

Haydar Husayn

• Mods
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:01 PM

Indeed, I find self-hating Shi'as such as yourself nothing but self-destructive and from amongst the emotional who are unable to sustain their ground in rational or religious discourse regarding issues in which there is ikhtilaf or difference of opinion.

How can anyone be a self-hating Shia? It makes no sense. Please, let us not start using the language of the Zionists who call any Jew who disagrees with them a 'self-hating Jew'.

As for the emotional among the Shias, I think they constitute the vast majority. Just look at how quickly people on this site become emotional or resort to emotional arguments whenever a sensitive topic is discussed, and people in real life are even worse.

#47 Yahya2004

Yahya2004

burnout

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:31 PM

(bismillah)
(salam)

i would even want unity with this guy. Standing up as one united Ummah doesn't mean we have to agree with everyone.

(salam)

Kudos for consistency on this issue at least.

i just don't see why young and ignorant Shias would be quick to follow this guy when he's not much better than the guys in Saudi Arabia.

Then I guess you have failed to understand trends in the sociological history of mankind, he is the product of Neo-Salafi domination in the Middle East, as Amirul Mo'mineen (as) has informed us people resemble their rulers more so than their own fathers at times. It's not really as you think either, his following seems primarily that of adults. Wa Allahu Alim

And what exactly is "ourselves"? How could we consider ghulat who commit shirk and would be cursed by the Imams themselves as "ourselves"?

Imami, Ithna Ashari. I wish to test the waters for consistency here, if you don't mind. I am willing to condemn anyone who goes to Ghuluww in their Imamology, you'd probably be an extremist according to my view of Imamology to be honest, however now I'd love to hear the same thing from you. This will be the biggest eye opener for me in your methodology, will you condemn Imam Khomeini for extremism in his Imamology, we can quote from his works and see if he says anything on the verge of extremism. If you wish we can start off with Yassir Habib and his Imamology, I've not seen Ghuluww from him. I believe your comment on Ghuluww in terms of beliefs of the Imams (as) was a giant red herring (diversion tactic) to detract from the real issues or Justify your condemnation of him. Now Wallahi, we will observe just how observant you are on your own principles.

Similarly, how can a Shia who loves al-Khomeini, al-Sistani, Baqir al-Sadr, and other scholars who dedicated their lives serving Allah(swt) also love a guy who calls them corrupt and astray?
It's like loving Ali(as) and loving the people who cursed Ali.

Very good question, I am not convinced that Sayyed al-Khomeini, Sayyed Ali al Sistani or Muhammad Baqir al Sadr and other scholars were infallible. I carry a conviction of this with Amirul Mo'mineen (as) though. As for dedication to serving Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì this is to be honest a slightly subjective barometre, I will elaborate ever so slightly. I'm from a Roman Catholic background, often when I first converted I'd be asked by my Mother how I could abandon the path of the Saints of God (several religious figures including well known saintly figures in the church), I can comment that they were amazing figures in their behaviour and piety, however I am not a religious pluralist so worshipping the Logos-Trinity is still to be condemned. In the case of Tashayyu, I do not know why Yassir Habib condemns Sayyed Muhammad Baqir al-Sadr, I am aware of his beef with the concept of Wahdatul Wujud which is something I do not believe is grounded in our classical works of theology, however I do not do takfeer based on it, nor judge for that is for Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì. To be honest, if one could demonstrate that Wahdatul Wujud was contrary to truth, then I would be forced to condemn their theology as corrupt for the sake of argument. Therefore I find your second argument to also be fallacious.

i distance myself from those who go away from the Quran, no matter what they call themselves. If a Salafi tells me that i should blindly obey a drunken Khalifah, then i would disagree with him on this point.
If a wanna-be Shia tells me to curse Ayatullah Bahjat, then i would disagree with him on this point.

Ahsant, Jazak Allah Khair, I hope we should all think like this. However, if we were to be consistent in our application of such a principle we would have to acknowledge

A) ONE correct interpretation which we would have to consistently exort and examplify within our methodology and ANYONE going against this methodology would be condemnable and disagreed with

B) Recognise that without recourse to an Imam (as) or Infallible interpreter of the Qur'anic Taweel that there are several ways one could interpret the Qur'an using the tools of language and resources avaible, this would not allow us to condemn anyone lest their interpretation is impossible to reach on a legitimate basis.

If you suggest Option A, it would be impossible for you to argue Unity with Salafis as they reject Walayah as a Pillar according to the Imami view, if you opt for option B, then you lose any ability to condemn Yassir al Habib

Labels mean nothing to me. If a person says something that is in accordance with the Quran and Sunnah, how could i go against it?
If a person says something that goes against the Quran and Sunnah, how could i follow it?

Again Jazak Allah khair for your views, however you seem to suggest that Qur'an and Sunnah can be interpreted only in one way and that you are certain your interpretation is the sole-correct one, secondly Define Sunnah. Wallah akhi, I believe had the Khawarij been aroud you'd have a tough time being consistent with your proposed methodology and rejecting them at the same time.

I hope I haven't offended you and I pray that if I have said anything you will forgive me for it, for my intentions have been pure, God Willing.

was salam

He is not a Shi`ite; he is a liar and a source of chaos for our community and the Ummah.

(salam)

Thanks for the tip, could you give us some more advice based on your 'ilm al ghayb?

May Allah guide us all.

How can anyone be a self-hating Shia? It makes no sense. Please, let us not start using the language of the Zionists who call any Jew who disagrees with them a 'self-hating Jew'.

(salam)

Quite easily, of course It's a lable I have suffixed to the brother but I'll try and elaborate on this term which I hope none take offense to.

A Shi'a who seems to wish to be reduced to recognition by others by agreeing to recognise others who we are not permitted to recognise according to Classical Imami principles. Also, those Shi'as who willingly accept status as a Fifth Madhhab and reduce themselves to a valid legal school from amongst other valid legal schools. Language is a packed issue, if it seems I am mimicking the Zionists now, it will seem like I am mimicking the Nazis later by changing, I cannot help it if rhetoric resembles other rhetoric.

As for the emotional among the Shias, I think they constitute the vast majority. Just look at how quickly people on this site become emotional or resort to emotional arguments whenever a sensitive topic is discussed, and people in real life are even worse.

None has disputed such, however I am not interested in the logical fallacy of Argument Ad Popullum, just because the majority of the world is emotional does not justify that discourse reduces itself to being based upon our emotions.

#48 Muhammed Ali

Muhammed Ali

• Mods
  • 5,596 posts
  • Interests:Allah

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:36 PM

Yahya2004, it's better if you write your comments outside of quote tags because it is not possible to quote you using the quote button.

Ironically you curse Shaykh Yassir, who is Shi'a, yet you desire Unity with the followers and ones who venerate they who are amongst the worst wretched and accursed in History.

Whilst I cannot curse him without an Islamic reason, are there not some reasons why a person may seek so called unity with sunnis and not with yassir habib? Are there not reasons why a person may criticise him more than criticising a sunni?

1, Most of these sunnis are jahil and don't know the truth whilst yassir does know it because he is supposed to be learned.
2, Yassir is a small and growing fitnah whilst sunni islam is an established fitnah and stronger. We have to deal with these in different ways.
3, He is an out right public trouble maker like the wahabis. Condemning him is analogous to condemning abu muntasir al-baluchi. He is harsh towards contemporary individuals and thus he shouldn't be surprised if others are harsh towards him.
4, He is from amongst us and we need to sort out our own house first.

Edited by Muhammed Ali, 26 September 2010 - 02:38 PM.

#49 Yahya2004

Yahya2004

burnout

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:50 PM

Yahya2004, it's better if you write your comments outside of quote tags because it is not possible to quote you using the quote button.

Whilst I cannot curse him without an Islamic reason, are there not some reasons why a person may seek so called unity with sunnis and not with yassir habib? Are there not reasons why a person may criticise him more than criticising a sunni?

1, Most of these sunnis are jahil and don't know the truth whilst yassir does know it because he is supposed to be learned.
2, Yassir is a small and growing fitnah whilst sunni islam is an established fitnah and stronger. We have to deal with these in different ways.
3, He is an out right public trouble maker like the wahabis. Condemning him is analogous to condemning abu muntasir al-baluchi. He is harsh towards contemporary individuals and thus he shouldn't be surprised if others are harsh towards him.
4, He is from amongst us and we need to sort out our own house first.

(salam)

1) True, however the Amman Declaration calls for Unity with their 'Ulema not just the lay people. Some of their 'Ulema include people like 3ar3our who clearly are not jahil (at least not in the sense you intended)

2) Agreed, Yassir can easily be stubbed though and through more appropriate means than a La'an online from someone hiding behind a screenname.

3) Without doubt you are correct, I have not moaned about condemning him, I just wish to see Shi'as who are more consistent and orthodox in their condemnations which would include firing into both directions of the enemy frontlines.

4) Your most valid point so far, and I was hoping someone would come up with this. Excellent, however as I suggested a La'an isn't helping and it would be much better to disagree with him in a means which is better. Utilising the Qur'anic Model for Disputation. There is an interesting example of one I found in a dialogue between Ibn Taymiyyah (LA) and a Sufi Shaykh and see the Akhlaaq they employ in confronting each other:

http://theghazzalibl...nd-ibn-ata.html

And they are from the Ahl al Khallaf!

#50 Nokare-Zahra

Nokare-Zahra

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Religion:Shia
  • Interests:Serving Ahlulbayt

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:16 PM

(salam)

I am very disappointed with the Sheikh. I think he could be a great asset to the community, however has has to take this 'cursing' attitude away from him. You cannot convert someone to Shia, by just swearing/using inappropriate language on the first three caliphs...

Our community will never go forward, if we have replies like that ^

Eltemase Doa.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users