- - - - -

Did Noah's Ark Come From Mars?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_blessedflower_*

Guest_blessedflower_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2006 - 04:54 AM

(bismillah) (salam)

If a similar topic/thread already exists please let me know.

In the thread titled ''Adam and mankind'' someone mentioned that according to a hadeeth by Imam Sadiq (as) there had been about 70,000 Adams before our Adam (as). It would seem to make sense if we also looked into the fact that the Bible states that the ark of Nuh (as) came from the planet Mars. Here is some info that I found. Any references from the Quran or ahadeeth will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Most scientists have long assumed that life on Earth is a homegrown phenomenon. According to the conventional hypothesis, the earliest living cells emerged as a result of chemical evolution on our planet billions of years ago in a process called abiogenesis. The alternative possibility--that living cells or their precursors arrived from space--strikes many people as science fiction. Developments over the past decade, however, have given new credibility to the idea that Earth's biosphere could have arisen from an extraterrestrial seed.

http://www.sciam.com...4FF83414B7F0000

Satellite imagery of Turkey's Mount Ararat highlights an object within a red circle, with blue arrows indicating possible downslope movement. The imagery was captured by Digital Globe and made available through Shamrock-The Trinity Corp. Explorers hope to determine whether the object is linked to the story of Noah's Ark.

WASHINGTON - An expedition is being planned for this summer to the upper reaches of Turkey’s Mount Ararat where organizers hope to prove an object nestled amid the snow and ice is Noah’s Ark.

A joint U.S.-Turkish team of 10 explorers plans to make the arduous trek up Turkey’s tallest mountain, at 17,820 feet (5,430 meters), from July 15 to Aug. 15, subject to the approval of the Turkish government, said Daniel P. McGivern, president of Shamrock—The Trinity Corp. of Honolulu, Hawaii.

The goal: to enter what they believe to be a mammoth structure some 45 feet high, 75 feet wide and up to 450 feet long (14 by 23 by 138 meters) that was exposed in part by last summer’s heat wave in Europe.

“We are not excavating it. We are not taking any artifacts. We’re going to photograph it and, God willing, you’re all going to see it,” McGivern said.

Based on biblical account
Explorers have long searched for an ark on the high slopes of Mount Ararat, where the biblical account of the Great Flood places it.

In 1957, Turkish air force pilots spotted a boat-shaped formation in Agri province. The government did not pursue the sighting, however. The entire area, including Mount Ararat, was off limits to foreigners because of Soviet complaints that explorers were U.S. spies.

That ban was lifted in 1982, and since then teams of explorers have visited the area but have been unable to substantiate any claim of an ark.

McGivern and Ahmet Ali Arslan, a Turkish mountain climber who grew up in a town near Mount Ararat, say satellite photos have helped them pinpoint a more exact location. Arslan will be leading the expedition.

The biblical account in the Book of Genesis says that after the great deluge, the ark came to rest on the mountain with Noah’s family and a cargo of male and female pairs of every kind of animal.

Geologists say even though there is evidence of a flood in Mesopotamia in Sumerian times, it is not possible for a ship to make landfall at an altitude as high as Mount Ararat.

http://www.ancientx.com/nm/anmviewer.asp?a=56&z=1

56_040426_ararat_vlg_1p.vlarge.jpg

Edited by blessedflower, 15 October 2006 - 02:05 AM.

#2 Gypsy

Gypsy

Hal Min Nasirin Yansurna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,509 posts
  • Interests:Exposing hypocrisy and double standards.

Posted 07 October 2006 - 12:18 PM

(salam)
I saw this program on history channel. They have a witness who claim to see some part of the Ark. And they also have people who denied this opinions.

#3 chat_buddy

chat_buddy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 01:12 PM

I don't quite get straight to the point what blessedpower conjecture is, but a few of my hasty comments:

Firstly, I recalled my reading, Imam Jaafar (as) said that there are 70,000 Adams like Adam in the universe, each thinking they are alone in the universe. Since I am unknowledgeable to test this hadith against the Quran, from my science background, I can tell that there are countless of galaxies like the grains in the sand (read articles/books from late Carl Sagan), it is neither impossible nor improbable that life exists in other planets. Otherwise Allah swt would not claim Himself as Lords of the Worlds i.e. He must be the Lord of the Seen and Unseen Worlds, combined. Only the philosophical digression, is how do societies in other planets organized, prophets sent to them, and whether these messengers are of the same noor as Prophet Muhammad (saw) and Imam Ali (as), is beyond comprehension.

I also recalled that Ibn Arabi (sufi saint from Murcia Spain) wrote in his al-Futuhat al-Makiyya about is astral journey to other living cities in the sky, if one wants to believe sufistic journeys ...

Yes, the perennial debate is whether life begins homegrown or via inter-stellar seeding. I also wish to add, from scriptural perspective, the argument extents to which species are products of evolutionary processes and which are not.

Adam (as) and his generation are not the product of an evolutionary process (refer to Dr Zakir Naik for layman proof). Adam (as) was formed by the "Hand of God" as we understand it, only he was expelled from Paradise. Only the small debate is where this "paradise" was since how then Iblees could sneaked himself into this "paradise".

Inter-stellar seeding is not improbable. From the Quranic Chapter al-Hadid, God said that he sent iron (much needed by men) from the sky. In simillitude, seeds of life may also originated in/from space.

The main point I want to highlight (this point can also be used to debunk Atheist) is that life CANNOT and COULD NOT have existed by chance. Yes, scientist have talked about "primordial soup" and all that. But RNA and DNA cannot combined in a pattern by chance in the "primordial soup" because the statistical success of such combination is theoretically zero.

Back to Noah's Ark, a few questions need to be asked:

Was the Great Deluge a local phenomenon or a global phenomenon?

What animals were taken into the ark?

Were any forms of plant DNAs taken as well into the Ark?

Why did he bother to carry "anything" other than human beings in the Ark? Why?

Do you think that Noah would have taken all forms of DNA samples into his Ark?

Would there not be DNA samples in the water that surrounds the Ark itself?

Was the existence of the Ark to carry all sample DNAs to spur and support life as we see it today, or was it an escape for Noah from the punishment of God to his people?

Noah's time and Adam's time are not too far away. I do not know how long it has been since Adam (as) set foot on this planet; however to give an insight of the "length of life" in this planet (makes you humble really):

On a 24-hr time frame, dinosaurs appeared at 00:00 hrs (which bear in mind plants existed prior to that first), dissapeared at around 17:00, man appeared about 3 minutes before the next 00:00 ...

Just ask yourself when the dinosaurs dissapeared, and hopefully you'll be able to partly place the pieces.

Edited by chat_buddy, 07 October 2006 - 02:27 PM.

#4 Guest_blessedflower_*

Guest_blessedflower_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2006 - 03:57 AM

I don't quite get straight to the point what blessedpower conjecture is, but a few of my hasty comments:

Firstly, I recalled my reading, Imam Jaafar (as) said that there are 70,000 Adams like Adam in the universe, each thinking they are alone in the universe. Since I am unknowledgeable to test this hadith against the Quran, from my science background, I can tell that there are countless of galaxies like the grains in the sand (read articles/books from late Carl Sagan), it is neither impossible nor improbable that life exists in other planets. Otherwise Allah swt would not claim Himself as Lords of the Worlds i.e. He must be the Lord of the Seen and Unseen Worlds, combined. Only the philosophical digression, is how do societies in other planets organized, prophets sent to them, and whether these messengers are of the same noor as Prophet Muhammad (saw) and Imam Ali (as), is beyond comprehension.

I also recalled that Ibn Arabi (sufi saint from Murcia Spain) wrote in his al-Futuhat al-Makiyya about is astral journey to other living cities in the sky, if one wants to believe sufistic journeys ...

Yes, the perennial debate is whether life begins homegrown or via inter-stellar seeding. I also wish to add, from scriptural perspective, the argument extents to which species are products of evolutionary processes and which are not.

Adam (as) and his generation are not the product of an evolutionary process (refer to Dr Zakir Naik for layman proof). Adam (as) was formed by the "Hand of God" as we understand it, only he was expelled from Paradise. Only the small debate is where this "paradise" was since how then Iblees could sneaked himself into this "paradise".

Inter-stellar seeding is not improbable. From the Quranic Chapter al-Hadid, God said that he sent iron (much needed by men) from the sky. In simillitude, seeds of life may also originated in/from space.

The main point I want to highlight (this point can also be used to debunk Atheist) is that life CANNOT and COULD NOT have existed by chance. Yes, scientist have talked about "primordial soup" and all that. But RNA and DNA cannot combined in a pattern by chance in the "primordial soup" because the statistical success of such combination is theoretically zero.

Back to Noah's Ark, a few questions need to be asked:

Was the Great Deluge a local phenomenon or a global phenomenon?

What animals were taken into the ark?

Were any forms of plant DNAs taken as well into the Ark?

Why did he bother to carry "anything" other than human beings in the Ark? Why?

Do you think that Noah would have taken all forms of DNA samples into his Ark?

Would there not be DNA samples in the water that surrounds the Ark itself?

Was the existence of the Ark to carry all sample DNAs to spur and support life as we see it today, or was it an escape for Noah from the punishment of God to his people?

Noah's time and Adam's time are not too far away. I do not know how long it has been since Adam (as) set foot on this planet; however to give an insight of the "length of life" in this planet (makes you humble really):

On a 24-hr time frame, dinosaurs appeared at 00:00 hrs (which bear in mind plants existed prior to that first), dissapeared at around 17:00, man appeared about 3 minutes before the next 00:00 ...

Just ask yourself when the dinosaurs dissapeared, and hopefully you'll be able to partly place the pieces.

(bismillah) (salam)

I'm left baffled with your very last statement (on a 24-hr time frame, etc).

Well to say that Noah (as) would not have been able to transport everything in his boat would be ignorant because we also know that Allah swt has given his messengers the ability to perform things that cannot be easily performed by others. I haven't read islamic history nor of all the messengers (I do plan to insha'Allah, may Allah swt help us increase our ilm) but I do know that if Allah swt might have willed it cannot be entirely impossible to carry all that plus the dna's n stuff in the ark - the dnas could have been in the form of little bitty pieces of the plants themselves?

Maybe the angels or the jinns would have helped Hazrat Nuh (as) gather all that stuff so he could finish this in a time-efficient manner.

And if we did come from the planet Mars, if life on earth as it's seen today was indeed transferred from the planet mars, then surely after ''qayamat'' on earth we may be transferred to another earth to dwell on for a certain amount of time, under the ''peaceful'' rule of our 12th Imam (as)?

Remember it's also said that when the Imam (as) shall appear we'll all be able to see him at the same time without having to physically walk up to him. So he may also have the power to take us from here to another world?

There are alot of things to ponder about like the sun rising from the west. It's said that when Qayamah will come all water will leave its place and the earth will be filled with water...Another planet flooding like the planet Mars?

One question links to another and when the links are completed they seem to make out a picture like a jigsaw puzzle would.

Allah swt has ETERNITY on His (swt's) hands. What is eternity, ever dwelled on the thought? Eternity is a stretch of one time frame, or different time frames linked together to make it go on and on and on...have you ever wondered what would eternal life be like? Maybe we're supposed to ''die'' in this phase of life (remember the word inteqaal means going from this world into the unseen {whatever it's called}). Eternal life might as well be like we move from one planet to another when one planet runs out the resources to support life...we move onto the other for a certain time period...SO ON.

Perhaps life from all planets (living things) would eventually gather in a place that is beyond human imagination and dwell there forever, in peace, enjoying Allah swt's rewards.

Human beings and their lives are like pieces of puzzles joined together. If we came from another planet, such as Mars, then it's likely we may move on from this planet to another soon. In this case if it was a planet full of sinners and due to their sins all human species were ordered to die (due to that flood) and the messenger of Allah swt (Hazrat Nuh (as)) was ordered to take a pair of EACH living thing into his gigantic boat and transfer it to another planet, then it could be very possible that when the planet earth ''floods'' near qayamah we may also be transferred to another planet after the Zahoor of the Imam (as).

May Allah swt help us find answers to all these questions and more INSHA'Allah.

#5 Nevermind

Nevermind

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:07 PM

Parts of the Ark are supposedly in Turkey or something. That'd be awesome if it was from Mars.

#6 amoha

amoha

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Interests:books to computers to any thing which can make me more knowlegible so that i can understand more. photography is my hobby, not an artist but i deal in digital art to earn my bread and butter. like simple but elegant stuff... simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, thats i believe in! . driving at high speed is my passion... thats why police loves me and insurance companies adore me. going to museums and sitting in the library is my favorite thing to do. love to read about WW l & ll. last but not least... i am a treky and i love all the star wars movies. you can always find me at space.com and one more thing... i am a BELIEVER...lol , my most favorite thing to do is to sit in my balcony with a cup of tea and watch the nature's light & sound show, we call thunder strom.

Posted 15 October 2006 - 01:27 AM

(salam)
interesting to read this thread but there is a simple question i have, where do we fit a hadith, i have forgotten the references about it, but it said that the great flood at the time of hazrat noah was started some where in iraq, if i trust my memory then its a well in a mosque. i will appreciate if someone can further enlighten me about the subject.
one more thing, would it better to call noah's ark or should we call it noah's space ship. ( i am a treky and i just couldn't resist..)

Edited by amoha, 15 October 2006 - 01:29 AM.

#7 Guest_blessedflower_*

Guest_blessedflower_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2006 - 02:01 AM

(salam)
interesting to read this thread but there is a simple question i have, where do we fit a hadith, i have forgotten the references about it, but it said that the great flood at the time of hazrat noah was started some where in iraq, if i trust my memory then its a well in a mosque. i will appreciate if someone can further enlighten me about the subject.
one more thing, would it better to call noah's ark or should we call it noah's space ship. ( i am a treky and i just couldn't resist..)

(bismillah) (salam)

lol @ space ship n treky.

Hmm well I had only first heard this from that christian woman who claimed to have read this int he Bible that Noah (as)'s ark had come from mars.

Also another question that just came in my mind was that if Nuh (as)'s ark DIDN'T come from mars and IF it had existed here on earth only THEN what did all those people do in that ship (ark) all that time while the planet flooded? Did they live in it for all that time and how long was that time? If so what did they eat and who provided the food?

There has to be some sort of divine intervention here where they must have received help/aid from ghaib. And that can be applied to both scenarios whether it (the ship) came from Mars or was created here on Earth only.

Also this could be (and is much more likely to be believed) that while the planet flooded the ark must have rested on a high geographical point to stay safe from the flood, such as Turkey's Mount Ararat. That may explain why we have found some wood and what not from that place that might have gotten buried there.

Seems like no one else seems to have any more info on this subject. Is there anything in the Holy Quran or the Ahadeeth that relate to the story of Nuh (as)'s ark and where it came from or whatever?!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users