Photo
- - - - -

Question about Wilayat-e-Ali

3 replies to this topic

#1 IJTEHADI

IJTEHADI
  • Advanced Members
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Well life is boring .......................... .

Posted 02 January 2004 - 12:04 PM

Sallam

I have a question about Wilayat-e-Hazrat Ali (A.S).

In Surah Mai’da verse no 55 there is verse that:

“ Only Allah is your Vali and His Messenger and those who believe, those who keep up prayers and pay the poor-rate while they bow.”

So normally shia people do discuss that it is about the wilayat of Hazrat Ali….. , Because here word “ Wali “ means Oula Badasaruf means Hakim or leader or guardian….. .
But I want to know that in many verses of Quran this word and a similar one (Moula) is used in sense of Friend. And if “ wali “ is not in sense of friendship then please quote some verses where “ wali “ means guardian.
And also if you see the whole chain of this you will find that in some verses that are before it also states that the word “ Wali “ is used as friend, as there is verse that don’t make Jews and Christians your wali means your friend.

So I want you people to tell me how you can say that here “ Wali “ doesn’t mean friend, but it is in terms of Hakim ( guardian ). And there is condition that please answer me within Quran, as I do know many hadiths and narrations and historical evidences but I need answer from and only from Quran.

#2 haq is with ALI

haq is with ALI

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 12:17 PM

salaam akhi
inshaAllah u r well

if i understand ur qn right ur asking where in the Quran it says Wali meaning Guardian as opposed to meaning friend?

Sura Yusuf 12:101

After P. Yusuf's dream comes true...he says to Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì :

101. "My Lord! You have indeed bestowed on me of the sovereignty, and taught me the interpretation of dreams; The (only) Creator of the heavens and the earth! You are my Walî (Protector, Helper, Supporter, Guardian, etc.) in this world and in the Hereafter, cause me to die as a Muslim (the one submitting to Your Will), and join me with the righteous."
http://www.road-to-h.../english/12.htm

In this ayah we see tht P. Yusuf is saying Allah is his Guardian in this world and the hereafter and NOT his friend in this world and the hereafter.

hope this helps.

duas, haq

p.s)one qn...if u dnt believe tht imam Ali (as) was appointed the Guardian and only a friend....why does ur signature say wht it does? :blink:

#3 baqar

baqar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,032 posts
  • Interests:The true message of the Ahlul Bayt (as)

Posted 02 January 2004 - 03:23 PM

Good explanation

#4 Maddy Abidi

Maddy Abidi
  • Basic Members
  • 1 posts
  • Religion:Shia

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:26 AM

Was salam
Ya Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã madad

Yes, indeed, I would like to recite unto you one of the perfect verses of Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì, the Exalted, the Almighty, in His great Book which distinguishes right from wrong. It is one of the verses of Surat al Ma'ida (Table of Viands):[1]

Only Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì is your wali and His Messenger (s) and those who believe, those who say their prayers and offer zakat (even) while prostrating (in prayers). And whoever takes for wali Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì, His Messenger (s), and the believers, they, indeed, are the party of Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì; they are the ones who shall achieve victory.
(Qur'an, 5:55-56)

Nobody doubts the fact that these verses were revealed in honour of `Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã who offered his own ring in the way of Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì while engaged in performing the prayers.

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users