Sign in to follow this  
Mohamad_Hussein

Lebanon

oh only small mistakes eh? how about this

both parties stood under our balcony and started swearing at my mom and called her names.

both parties almost killed me and my father

both parties chased us all over lebanon just because my father didnt step down to niether of them and game the authority of a high school.

need i say more?

i give them credit for freeing lebanon and such, yes they are not infalible, but the stuff they did was too much and the excuse of them not being infallible is not acceptable, who ever confronted my mother in such a manner and who ever confronted my father and I in such a manner, i wish him the worst luck in the world, i wish someone would do the same to him and i wish he rotts in hell

ameen

Hussein

(bismillah)

(salam)

If that is true, then that was very bad :s . As i told you bro, it is the members and the party. If you only knew what would happen to those people if Hizbullah knew of what they did. Im sure it is their fault and not the hizb's, of course.

wa salam

AUB is full of idiots, they all get in by connections, when all the smart lebs are brain drained or go to public universities.

You go to AUB and you see people dressed as punks, smoking up thinking its cool, listening to heavy metal thinking its cool because the American do so.

its ok the Americans can go into the AUB but they havent seen the last of us yet, they still have that scene of the truck just smaching into their field of soldiers in beirut in the civil war....

it happened one time and well lets just say from their acts, it will happen again

(bismillah)

(salam)

its ok the Americans can go into the AUB but they havent seen the last of us yet, they still have that scene of the truck just smaching into their field of soldiers in beirut in the civil war....

it happened one time and well lets just say from their acts, it will happen again

^_^ :D :lol:

wa salam

a friend of mine is syrian, i just dont like the syrians in lebanon...not their fault, but it kills the economy, more then its killed ya3ne... syrians are very hospitable..

they are very nice people

(salam)

I see what you mean. But still when I went to Lebanon I always see these guys who think they're bad giving sa7soo7s to Syrians. What the hell is that? My cousin is even worst (from my dad's side). He chucks water at the Syrians from the balcony.

Salam Alaykum.

El-hage, you're generalizing a little too much. Every country you go to, you can say something about the people there b/c you'd be generalizing. There are always the black sheeps of the bunch, that part is understandable. I agree w/you on the mostly GENERAL case of lebanese people, just imitators/show-offs, inshallah we've crossed that stage. I just wanted to mention all the great sheikhs/sayyeds and shaheeds we have in leb, along with many great people.

At the moment in leb, there are a lot of Islamic organizations striving for a better Islamic society.. I think what we should be doing is making dua'. These people, of course along w/many other country's ppl, have suffered very much during the war, but it was in a way good for them. Sayyed Hassan once mentioned that "we need a war" seeing how lebanese people are behind in Islamic practice and knowledge.

Allah a3lam.

Salam Alaykum.

I just applied to AUB in case we move to Lebanon. I've been there and it's incredibly worse than my uni over here! You'd think better of Beirut, but I guess not. You're also right about connections.. not just AUB, but the entire Lebanon is ALL about connections which makes it so unfair. Many students get in for free b/c they know a senator. It's all about "wasta."

Here in the US, there IS such a thing, but it usually goes unnoticed. One example is getting out of speeding ticket b/c you know a police officer, and so on.

The wasta in lebanon and the ones in the US and Canada are on a totally different level, in Lebanon if you fail governmental exams aka brevet or matalem you can pass with flying colors if you have a wasta, but in outside countires good luck, u need to know the president if you wanna pull that off.

generlize labenese people i surely will, iv seen too much and no actions what so ever has ever changed my mind, i havent seen the good in the people enough, actually i barely see it.

all i see is the negative stuff.

i am not saying alllebs are bad or such, but im saying that there is a lot of bad stuff in the lebanese society.

lebanon was always like this, its in their blood, thats why the Lebanese pasport has no value to me but to get in the country and out or for identification, thats it, no more or no less.

back home people eat each others back, they dont care, a man will rob his brother and he wont feel guilty about it, he wants people to say hes rich and he has a beautiful wife and his wasta graduated kids are smart and the people around him look up to him because he has a nice car and a made (sirlankiyeh)

i dont know, i can go on and on and on, but im kinda sleepy

so blah

Edited by El-hage

It's in their blood? That doesn't make sense b/c when you're a Muslim you can change yourself

yea but look how long it took to change themselves, ill give youi and example, sonnis fighting with shias and the shias fighting shias (hizballah & amal)

the Lebanese civil war...that killed it, we took the cake rite there...yipee for us, we are hungry for power and the lebanses shia will kill his brother for power, just ask my neighbour back home, both of his 2 sons where in the hizballah and amal and now well they are gone.

Do you live in the xtian side of Beirut?  I admit that many of the muslims can be short tempered, but you havent (I'm guessing) been through what they've been through

I lived in alda7yeh, or is it lived, iv been in the war, i did sit in the corner with my brother father and mother when bombs came flying in, you guessed wrong im not going to judge something that i didnt live through.

Have you ever been to any other arabic countries in the Mideast to compare?  You're making it seem like the entire lebanon (including Muslims, which  makes it gheebah) is made up of immoral people

what does that have to do with anything, any arab country is still unorganized, where wasta is always the solution and the government is corrupt. same things on different scales.

im not making all lebanses people immoral but the thing is that most lebanses are, and like i saod 90% so hence ur stand incorrect.

later

Hussein

The Lebanese who is ashamed of Lebanon

Edited by El-hage

Salam Alaykum.

Anyone can look down at the way a lot of people act in their own country. I agree that you won't easily find angels around, but there definitely are descent people all around, at least from my experiences. I'm mostly ashamed of the muslims who engage in sin and don't have respect for themselves, but completely disagree with the 90% statistic