Sign in to follow this  
nabooli

Was the buddha a prophet?

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(salam)

I heard the same from my friend, i wouldn't be surprised if it's true.

i also heard that some the great thinkers of ancient greece were also prophets but i am not sure of their names...

(bismillah)

(salam)

I doubt it. There's no mention of him in Qur'an or any hadith of Ahl al-Bayt (as) that I know of. His ideology is not at all similar to Islam's or even other religions close to Islam like Judiasm and Christianity. The fundamental principles of the Abrahamic religions such as Tauheed, Nabouat, and Qiyamat are absent from Buddhist philosophy. Many scholars view Buddhism basically as an off-shoot of Hinudism.

Buddhism is a response to Hinduism. Buddhism is atheistic in nature. Though they do consider the existence of gods (different type of creatures from the ones we consider gods, somewhat like the greek gods, but they only interact with eachother in a different dimension), they don't worship gods.

I can't imagine how any Muslim could consider Buddha a prophet.

Salaam alaikum,

I've heard people say this too. I don't know what they are basing it on. I mean if he was a prophet, then not one shred of his message remains. I can't find any link between Islam and Buddhism. Where is the God in Buddhism?

WaSalaam, Hajar

Do remember that out of the 124000 prophets we are told of in Koran, only 42 Prophets have been documented in the Koran (Correct me if Im wrong). This still leaves 123958 great human characters, who we know nothing about, that have also been prophets. Another factor we have to take into account is the fact that the Abramhamic Prophets ( Prophets mentioned in Torah, Bible, Koran) are very Middle Eastern Based. Im a sure the Allah the Almighty has sent down great prophets to the other peoples of this world, like ancient China, India, Africa, North & South America etc.

(bismillah)

(salam)

I heard the same from my friend, i wouldn't be surprised if it's true.

i also heard that some the great thinkers of ancient greece were also prophets but i am not sure of their names...

Salaam un aliakum,

There was a question asked to Imam Jaffer-e-Sadiq (A.S.) regarding Socretes. perhaps it was a negative question about him and Imam Jaffer-e-Sadiq said, Beware, Do not talk negative about the Men of Allah. (regarding socretes).

I dont remember exactly where is this hadith.. but, i heard its in Bahar al anwar. I am not surprised if he was a prophet/anbiya/hakim/wali/divine man of Allah. because his teachings are amazing.. his questions.. and answers are truely full of wisdom. unfortunately, the evil doers over time have currupted some of these teachings. but still if you ignore the teachings which dont make sence.. and just concentrate on the teachings which make sence.. you will find him to be one of the greatest thinkers of all times...... infact, Islamic Republic of Iran is very similar to Plato's republic.

Same with Buddha.. if you ignore the senceless teachings and just concentrate on the teachings which make sence.. you will find that those teachings are from Allah.. they are divine.. the senceless teachings have been contaminated. they are totally Islamic teachings... did'nt you think about it.. the concept of NIRVANA.. is like HIDAYAT or HIKMATH..

Same with our Prophet Mohammad (S.A) there are alot of hadith's which dont make sence.. specially with Abu Huraira's narrations on the prophet sayings and traditions.. same with Ayesha's narrations.. and Umar and Abubakr.. for this we have to know the science of the authenticity of the hadith's.. which hadith is authentic and which is not..which has been fabricated and which is true.. the science of hadith includes chain of narrators and sometimes even small bio's of narrators is considered.. This is the one of the

main difference I find between shia's and sunni's.. between shia and sunni.. Shia take only authentic hadith's to follow the prophet from Authentic sources.. not like sunni'sm who take all the companions narrations as authentic to follow the prophet..

When you ignore the fabricated contaminated hadith's.. and just concentrate on the pure hadith's of the prophet.. and ahlulbayt.. you will find PURE TRUTH.. and PURE teachings of GOD almighty which is Shia'sm.

The only difference between all these great religions and Islam is that.. Islam is the final completed revelation from God.. most prophets came for a certain group or tribe and their teachings do not contain details of every aspect of life and politics.. but prophet of Islam came for the MANKIND.. and his message is has everything and all details in it ..

Please feel free to correct me if i am wrong..

Zanadine.

There are some textx in buddhist religious language which somehow refers to the prophethood of Prophet Muhammad pbuh and wilayah of Imam Ali (as) and punjetan and all..

I had book, Punjetan and Non-Muslims, it was a great small booklet with interesting quotes from famous personalities..

I think you can neither prove nor disprove whether he was a Prophet or not.

Wa'Salam

Ali

Salaam aliakum,

Take a look at Hindu'sm holy books .. You can clearly see that the holy divine teachings of HIndu'sm has been changed and contaminated and turned hindu'sm into polytheistic relgion.

Take a look at Hindu holy book and the concept of Kalvi Avtar. read some .. this may interest you and make you feel that original uncurrupt hindu'sm is actually from Allah.

the detail of the link is here

http://www.ezsoftech.com/akram/prophetprophecies.asp

After six thousand years, the Almighty (God) will create a wonderful person among the children of Adam in Mundarne, which is between the seas (Arab is surrounded on 3 sides by the sea.). ... O Parvati, he will be from the loin of Kant Bunjh; (Kant Bunjh, means Servant of God, which, in Arabic becomes "Abdullah". Abdullah was the name of the father of the Holy Prophet) and he (Abdullah) will have the piety and knowledge of God like a river; so (from that river) will emerge a pearl. And the name of his wife will be 'Sank Rakhiya.' (Sank Rakhiya means 'Peaceful' which in Arabic is "Amina". Name of the mother of the Holy Prophet was Amina.) And he (i.e., Abdullah) will have read three books; and he will leave the fourth book after reading only, 'Alif, Lam, Mim ... O Parvati, he (i.e., Abdullah) will be a chief in his tribe; people from all villages will come to his door and will follow him. (Abdullah's son) will have no fear of the creatures; he will be very brave and having the knowledge of Allah, and his name will be 'MAHAMAT'. People will be astonished to see his style ... And he will not worship as the people of his tribe will be worshipping and he will tell people that "I have been told by that Almighty and Only One (God) not to indulge in such senseless worship; and I am not turning but to Allah; therefore, you should follow me." (Compare it with the ayat (13:36) of the Holy Qur'an, Say: "I am commanded to worship Allah, and not to join partners with Him. Unto Him do I call, and unto Him is my return.") O Parvati, MAHAMAT will teach his own shariat to all the creatures, by abrogating all ways of worships and all previous shariats; and he will try to make all people follow him. Gradually, countless people will come into his religion, and many of them will reach God. And as people use our Sakh era (i.e., era of Hijra), likewise, unto the end of the Kaljug (the last era) people will use the era of MAHAMAT. ... O Parvati, after him (after the death of Muhammad's son) the almighty who has none like Him, will give a daughter (Fatema, the lady of Paradise, the Chief of all the women.) to MAHAMAT who will be better than 1000 sons, and she will be very beautiful and matchless, and very perfect in the worship of God. Never shall she utter any wrong, and she will be protected from every sin big or small: and through her father she will reach nearer to God, that almighty (God) will give two sons (Imam Hasan (a.s.) and Imam Hussain (a.s.)) to the daughter of MAHAMAT, both will be handsome and beloved of God, strong, having the knowledge of God, courageous, brave and matchless in the deeds of virtue. And the Almighty will not create, after them, any human being having such perfection in hidden and known virtues.

The same two sons of MAHAMAT will be his successors; and they will have numerous children; and they will bring people into the religion of MAHAMAT day by day by their true arguments; and they will illuminate the religion of MAHAMAT and MAHAMAT will love them more than all his people, even more than his own daughter. And these two sons will be perfect in the religion of MAHAMAT: they will not do any work for their own pleasure, and all their utterances and deeds will be for the pleasure of the Almighty.

O Parvati, a few years after the death of MAHAMAT, some evil men will unjustly murder these grandsons of MAHAMAT without any cause: just for the sake of worldly greed; the whole world will become 'headless' by their death. Their killers will be Maliksh atheists, cursed in both worlds: they will have no love for MAHAMAT and will never get deliverance from Nark (i.e., Hell). But in appearance, they will remain in the religion of MAHAMAT, and gradually others also will follow them, and stubbornly will do many deeds against the way of MAHAMAT and his sons. Only a few people will remain on the path of MAHAMAT, majority will follow the path of those who killed the sons of MAHAMAT; yet in appearance they will be called followers of MAHAMAT; and in the last days of Kaljug (last era) there will be many of those hypocrites and will create disturbance in the whole world.

After that Mahadewji explains the appearance of Imam Mahdi; coming of Quiyamat and arrival into Paradise of Bibi Fatima together with her followers.

KALKI PURAN

In many holy books of Hindus, mention of coming of ten prophets, has been made. So far nine have come and Hindus await the tenth. The name, which is ascribed to this Tenth Prophet, is "Kalki Avatar" (Kalki Prophet). Descriptions and symptoms, which are found in the books exactly coincide with those of Muhammad Mustafa (s.a.w.a.)

Kalki Puran is one of the holy books of Hindus. It is written in this book that the reason why this prophet will be known as "Kalki" Avatar, is that he will remove Kalki (rust and darkness) from the hearts of the people, and will prevail over all the artifices.

It is also written that people of his community will be worshipers of God.

The name of the father of Kalki Prophet is written as 'Vishnuais" a combination of two words, Vishnu (God) and ais (Servant); both put to gather mean "Servant of God". This also is the meaning of Abdullah the name of the father of Muhammad Mustafa (s.a.w.a.).

The name of Kalki prophet's mother is "Somti" which means "Trustworthy", and the name of Prophet Mohammad's (s.a.w.a.) mother is "Amina" which also means "Trustworthy".

Further it is written that Kalki prophet will have three brothers, named, KAVI, SAMAT and PARAK.

Kavi means "wise" and same is the meaning of "Aqeel".

Samat means "Knowledge" and same is the meaning of "Jaafar".

Parak means "One who commands High Position", and same is the meaning of "Ali".

Aqeel, Jaafar and Ali, were three (cousin) brothers of Prophet Muhammad Mustafa (s.a.w.a.).

The birthplace of Kalki prophet is mentioned as "Shambhal Nagri" - a name given to the Hejaz in Arabia. "Sambhal" means, "Sand" and "Shambhal Nagri" means a country of sand or desert, which fits Arabian Peninsula perfectly.

Regarding Kalki Prophet, it is also written that he will worship in cave. It is well known in Islamic world that Muhammad Mustafa (s.a.w.a.) got his first "Revelation" in the cave of Mount Hira - a desert hill and his chosen place for retreat near Mecca.

Further in "Kalki Puran", it is written that he will receive education through "Prash Ram" which means "Soul of God". It is well known by all Muslims that it was the Angel Gabriel who brought the first revelation to prophet Muhammad Mustafa (s.a.w.a.) in the cave of Mount Hira, Gabriel is called "Ar-Ruh-ul-amin" (The Trustworthy Soul) in Islam.

Further it is written that Kalki prophet will marry the daughter of the king of Shambhal Deep. Thus Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.a.) married the wealthiest woman of Arab, named Khadijah. It is also written that Kalki prophet will migrate to the hills of North. Thus on the command of God, Prophet Muhammad Mustafa (s.a.w.a.) and to migrate from Mecca to Madina which is in the North.

FROM OTHER BOOKS

Late Molvi Abdur-Rehman Chishti has given many quotations from other Purans and even Veds. Some of them are translated here from Muqaddama Tafsir Anwarul-Ouran: -

Athruben Ved: Lailaha Harni Papan Illallaha Param Padam Janm Baikunth Birap newti to Jane nam Muhammadam. Translation: Saying 'La Ilah' removes the sins Saying Illallha' bestows Parm Padwi If you want Paradise eternal Always recite the name 'Muhammad'.

The founder of Arya Samaj, Dyanand Sarswati, had to admit in his book, 'Satyarth parkash' (Chapter 14; p. 739) that alloo Upnishad mentions the name of 'Muhammad' as Rasul. He contends that someone, in the days of Akbar (the Moghul emperor), must have added it in the Athrubin Ved, then he writes: "Someone may say that how can you claim it when nobody has said or written so in all these days; how can we accept your claim (of later addition) without any proof? But this claim cannot be wrong by non-acceptance of anyone." What a claim! And what a proof!

Bhonik Uttar Puran: Vyas Rishi, the author of Ramayan, writes in Bhonik Puran: "In the days to come MAHAMAT will come; and it is his sign that cloud will always protect him from the sun; his body will have no shadow; fly will not sit on his body; the earth will be folded for him (i.e. he will Journey to far away places in very short time); ... whatever he will earn, will spend in the way of God, and himself will eat but a little ... whoever will follow that book (i.e., Qur'an) will reach to God. At that time there will be no other path to reach to God."

All these predictions in clear words from beginning to end are about Mohammad Mustafa (s.a.w.a.). They have not been applicable to any other person, nor there can be any objection from Hindus regarding its consistency.

OLD AND NEWTESTAMENTS

Now we come to the Jewish and Christian scriptures. Before giving some of the prophecies from the Bible, one important thing should be made clear from the start.

It is the common practice of the Jews and Christians to translate even the proper names, thus wherever they find the name 'Muhammad', they translate it as 'the praiseworthy', lovely, or words like that. This practice has helped them in 'hiding the truth' from the world, as the people reading the translations can never suspect that the sentence refers to a certain person. Now, if others follow that practice, a non-english speaking person will translate the name of 'Livingstone' as a 'stone, which was alive'. Then he will elaborate on this theme and will try to prove that in 19th century, stones in Europe had life, and one of such stones had come to Africa and had traveled up to Kigoma and Ujiji.

Add to it, the frequent changes and alterations which the Christians are so wont to make in the Old and New Testaments, and then you can appreciate the true position.

BOOK OF GENESIS

Anyhow, let us begin from Genesis. I will use the King James Version throughout this chapter.

Genesis 17:20, records the promise of God with Prophet Ibrahim: "And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall be beget, and I will make him a great nation."

The prayer referred to in this sentence, is given in detail in many places in Qur'an, which runs as follows:

And remember Abraham and Isma'il raised the foundations of the House (With this prayer): "Our Lord! Accept (this service) from us: For Thou art the All-Hearing, the All-knowing." Holy Qur'an (2:127) "Our Lord! send amongst them a Messenger of their own, who shall rehearse Thy Signs to them and instruct them in scripture and wisdom, and sanctify them: For Thou art the Exalted in Might, the Wise." Holy Qur'an (2:129)

Now coming to the wording of Genesis: in this present form this sentence mentions only 12 mains. But in its original language it clearly gives the name of the Holy Prophet also.

DEUTERONOMY

"God promised to Prophet Musa (a.s.): "The Lord thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken." (18:15)

"I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto three, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words, which he shall speak in my name. I will require it of him." (18:18-19)

Christians try to fit this prophecy on Prophet Eesa (a.s.). But it fits to nobody except Prophet Muhammad Mustafa (s.a.w.a.), because: -

1. The prophet was to come from among the brethren of Israel; any prophet coming from Bani Israel is therefore excluded from this good tiding. Now, as we know, Prophet Eesa (a.s.) was from Bani Israel, while Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.s.) was from Bani Ismael who were the brethren of Bani Israel.

2. The prophet was to be 'like unto Moses.' Prophet Musa (a.s.) had to make war, and Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.a.) also had to defend himself through war. But Prophet Eesa (a.s.) did never enter a war.

3. Prophet Musa (a.s.) had a brother Haroon (Aaron), who was to succeed him. No such brother was to Prophet Eesa (a.s.) while Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.a.) had Ali Bin Abi Talib (a.s.) Whom he said "Thou art to me as Aaron was to Moses, except that there is no prophet after me."

4. Prophet Musa (a.s.) left the religious Leadership to the children of Aaron. Prophet Eesa (a.s.) did not make such arrangement. Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.a.) made similar arrangement in his Ummat by leaving Islam in the hands of Ali and his children, Hasan and Hussain.

5. " ... and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak upto them all that I shall command him." This criterion fits Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.a.) only, because Prophet Eesa (a.s.) did not claim if for himself, while Allah said in the Qur'an for Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.a.) "Nor does he speak out of desire. It is naught but revelation that is revealed." (53:3-4)

6. Prophet Eesa (a.s.) did never claim that he was the promised Prophet of this sentence, while Allah mentioned this similarity between Prophet Musa (a.s.) and Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.a.) in the Qur'an in the verse, "Verily, we sent unto you an Apostle, a witness on you, as we sent an Apostle unto Pharao."

7. Prophet Eesa (a.s.) did not claim that he was the like of Moses, while Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.a.) said to Ali Bin Talib (a.s.) "Thou art to me as Aaron was to Moses, except that there is no prophet after me."

8. Prophet Eesa (a.s.) himself said that the prophet who was to come after him will fulfill this prophecy. See the following sentences of John: "How be it when he, the Spirit of Truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak."

(bismillah)

Hello,

It is difficult to consider Buddhism and Hinduism as godly religions. The Buddha was no more than an enlightened human. He was not a prophet of God. Yes, his words and deeds were beautiful, but that still doesn't make him a prophet. There is no account that he ever had a visitation from an angel of God, or shown "vahiy" (revelation) from above. His teachings do not match those of the line of prophets from Adam (A) to Muhammad (S). The holy Quran does not mention any people other than the following groups as being capable of salvation: Muslims, Jews, Christians, Zoroastrians, and "Sabians". Clearly, the fact that Buddha is being worshiped as God is in itself proof of its lack of legitimacy. You don't see any other prophets of Allah being worshiped by masses. The only exception is Jesus, whose worship has been strictly forbidden in the holy Quran. If Buddha had been legitimate, there would be words of admonition against his worship in the holy Quran.

Basically, according to traditions there is only one sect that's on the right path to Allah. The rest of humanity is fodder for the fire. Do Buddhists have knowledge of haram and halal? In Buddhist lands such as China, there are many muslims who have come to the right path. Are you implying that Buddhists are on the right path as well? Then there should have been no need for many born-Buddhists to convert to Islam. Insha-Allah the word of Islam will soon reach those distant lands, and their eyes will be opened to the truth. It might be too late though by the time Imam Mahdi (AF) makes his appearance. Amen

Edited by Moheb

Guest ShiaCat

(salam)

Buddhism aknowledges hell and paradise

it teaches retribution for deeds "good deeds- good fruits, bad deeds-

bad fruits"

it teaches existence of beings we cant see, like jinn.

it teaches that there will be a time when the true teaching

will be forgotten-- and matraiya , who now lives in

another plane-- will restore the teaching and peace.

The fire in hell...

enma_with_book_2.gif

People are giving their opinoins, but no one is reciting hadith or supporting evidence:

Buddhism has been around for ~~ 2000 years, perhaps the Prophet or our Holy Imams have mentioned Buddhism or the Buddha before?

i dont know, does anyone else?

-

rahat

Initially I never thought Buddha coud be a Prophet.

But recently I read few article in a Magazine from Iran that some Islamic Scholars consider Buddha as Prophet Idris(as). I wish to learn more. Does anyone have any info about this??

Here are few quote

1. The Origin of all Oriental Mysticism traces back to Hermes of whom the Muslims call the Prophet Idris.

Ancient Prophecies About Mysticism Hollywood and the Music Industry

by William Josiah Sutton http://philologos.org/guide/books/sutton.william.1.htm

2. Description of Heaven By Buddha

http://www.unification.net/ws/theme043.htm

O Ananda, the world called Sukhavati (the Pure Land), which is the world system of the Lord Amitabha, is rich and prosperous, comfortable, fertile, delightful, and crowded with many gods and men. And in this world, Ananda, there are no hells, no animals, no ghosts, no devils, and no inauspicious places of rebirth. And there do not appear in this world such gems as are known in the world Sukhavati.

And that world Sukhavati, Ananda, is fragrant with many sweet-smelling odors, rich in manifold flowers and fruits, adorned with jewel trees, and frequented by flocks of various birds with sweet voices, which have been produced by the miraculous power of the Tathagata. The jewel trees have various colors, many colors, many hundreds of thousands of colors. They are composed of varying combinations of the seven precious things: gold, silver, beryl, crystal, coral, red pearls, and emerald... Their roots, trunks, branches, leaves, flowers, and fruits are pleasant to touch, and fragrant. And when these trees, are moved by the wind, a sweet and delightful sound proceeds from them, which one never tires of hearing. Such jewel trees, and clusters of banana trees and rows of palm trees, all made of precious gems, grow everywhere in this Buddha-land. On all sides it is surrounded with golden nets, and all round covered with lotus flowers made of all the precious things. Some of the lotus flowers are half a mile in circumference, others up to ten miles. And from each jewel lotus issue thirty-six hundred thousand billions of rays of light. And at the end of each ray issue thirty-six hundred thousand billions of Buddhas, with golden-colored bodies, who bear the thirty-two marks of the great man, and who, in all the ten directions, go into the countless [lower] realms and there teach the Law.

And many kinds of rivers flow along in this Pure Land. There are great rivers there, one mile broad, and up to fifty miles broad and twelve miles deep. All these rivers flow along calmly; their water is fragrant with manifold agreeable odors, and in them are bunches of flowers to which various jewels adhere, and they resound with various sweet sounds. And the sound which issues from these great rivers is as pleasant as that of a musical instrument consisting of hundreds of thousands of billions of parts, and which, skillfully played, emits a heavenly music. It is deep, commanding, distinct, clear, pleasant to the ear, touching the heart, delightful, and one never tires of hearing it, as if it always said, "Impermanent, peaceful, calm, and not-self." Such is the sound that reaches the ears of those beings. And, Ananda, both banks of those great rivers are lined with variously scented jewel trees, and from them bunches of flowers, leaves, and branches of all kinds hang down. And if those beings wish to indulge in sports full of heavenly delights on those river-banks, then, after they have stepped into the water, the water in each case rises as high as they wish it to--up to the ankles, or to the knees, or to the hips, or to their sides, or to their ears. And heavenly delights arise. Again, if beings wish the water to be cold, for them it becomes cold; if they wish it to be hot, for them it becomes hot; if they wish it to be hot and cold, for them it becomes hot and cold, to suit their pleasure. And those rivers flow along, full of water scented with the best perfumes, covered with lilies, lotus, and all manner of beautiful flowers, resounding with the sounds of peacocks, sparrows, parrots, ducks, geese, herons, cranes, swans, and others, with small islands inhabited by flocks of birds, easy to ford, free from mud, and with golden sand on the bottom. And all the wishes those beings may think of, they will be fulfilled, as long as they are rightful.

Buddhism. Larger Sukhavativyuha Sutra 15-18

Edited by Zareen

(salam)

My reading suggests that Buddha may have been an agnostic.

Or, if, indeed, he did believe in God, he did not consider his mission to pass it on to his people. He never claimed to be a prophet.

Buddha was undoubtedly a great humanist, a man of extreme compassion and humanity. Born to royalty, when Buddha discovered that the ordinary people were in greater suffering than his royal guardians would have him discover, his focus changed.

He bacame a humanist but he never taught about God or claimed to be a prophet. Buddhist texts relate that he was once asked if there was a God and he replied 'I do not know'.

That may not necessarily indicate that he was an agnostic. He may have just been trying to say that prophethood was not his mission. It is possible his words may have been distorted or misinterpreted.

In any case, there is considerable evidence that he was neither a prophet nor did he ever claim to be one.

But sure enough, his credentials as a humanist are indeed outstanding or even better. If he was alive today, he would probably be eligible to the Nobel peace prize, ten years in a row. I think he should be given one posthumously.

(bismillah)

Greetings to brothers and sisters in Islam,

Please note that as Muslims and particularly as followers of Ahl ul-bait al-athaar, you would need to place any religion other than Islam in its proper perspective. Judiasm and Christianity are closest to Islam in terms of their teachings, as they spring from the same abrahamian parenthood. Zoroastrianism is not from the abrahamic lineage, but invites to the One God. All other religions of mankind (hinduism, buddhism, taoism, confuscianism, shintoism, etc) should be regarded as misguided. When dealing with people who are stringent believers in these doctrines and philosophies, we as muslims should be equipped with the appropriate knowledge and material to enable us to refute them, and to help bring the misguided to the light of Islam.

We in the present era can simply not afford to dwell somewhere in the midst of confusion, not knowing the right path from wrong. There are many beings who act as a mediary today between the devil and humanity. They offer advice based on their own notions of truth, and some are even able to strike a following. This is a "latter-day" scheme to create confusion among mankind, and to cause people to go astray, not knowing which way to turn.

Buddha could not have been mentioned in the holy Quran, as he was not a believer in God. Idris lived way before Buddha was even born, and Dhul-kifl was a prophet of Islam, probably an arabicised term for Isiaah or Ezekiel. Nothing Idris or any other prophet of Allah (whether or not mentioned in the holy Quran) ever taught comes in conflict with the teachings of Islam. Buddha was a reformer of hinduism, in that he was disillusioned with the racist "caste system" and the complex hierarchies, and wished to offer a different path to "enlightment". Does this mean he ever achieved enlightment? Quite the contrary, judging from the fact that many of his teachings are in direct contrast to Islam, one can state that Buddha was a misguided individual. Had he been a prophet of God, he would have brought Islam to his country of birth, and refuted hinduism as heretical. Rather than save his homeland (and ultimately the world) from the fetters of Hindu belief and to bring his people to Islam (submission to the one God), he made his followers slaves to their own selves by denying sovereignty to God, and giving sovereignty to man instead.

In contrast to Buddhism, Islam states that no degree of enlightment can be achieved without the grace of Allah, and without tawakkul and tawassul. Islam offers a clear path to salvation, which includes belief in the one God, daily prescribed prayers, fasting, charity, etc. These same teachings were inculcated in every prophet of Allah from Adam (A) to Muhammad (S). There is not such concept as "rebirth" in Islam. Humans are not equated with animals, and an "evil" soul is not reborn as a lower being or creature. Rather, it is kept in a state of "barzakh" (purgatory) until the day of judgement. Same goes for a purified soul, who will await the final judgement, before being sent to heaven.

Please go to the following link for an excellent refutation of buddhism:

http://www.islamandbuddhism.com/2.html

Edited by Moheb

Guest ShiaCat

(salam)

That article is not correct,

Present-day Buddhists believe that the more pain they endure, and the more hunger and misery they suffer, the sooner they become enlightened.

Buddhism calls itself the middle way, it rejects such extreme practices.

Buddhists spend their days performing empty, soul-darkening works that will bring no benefit in either this world or the afterlife.

Buddhists study or contemplate, subjects include logic, philosophy, medical matters etc.

an error that all schools of Buddhism fall into-is an indication that this religion views Buddha as a god.
That is not true, its like saying Shia worship Imam Ali (as) , which they do not.
Buddhism's belief in karma leaves no room for belief in the eternal afterlife, Paradise or Hell

As I had posted earlier here, buddhism indeed confirms Heaven and Hell

It does not help anyone to write articles based on incorect information, it rather hurts Islam.

http://www.islamandbuddhism.com/2.html

Buddhism.

. An Atheistic Religion

. An Oppressive, Enslaving Religion

. A Pagan Religion

. Belief in Karma

. Reincarnation According to Islam

. Buddhism's Misguided Belief About the Afterlife

. The Reality Awaiting Us in the Hereafter

. Buddhism's Idea of the Life of This World

budizmeng40.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The erroneous beliefs of Buddhism vary greatly from country to country, because over the past 2500 years, this religion has mingled with the various local religions, customs, and established cultures of countries into which it has spread. Today, the varieties of Buddhism practiced in Japan, China, Tibet, Sri Lanka, Vietnam and America are all quite different from one another.

In Tibet, the dissemination of Buddhist texts is one of the most important acts of worship. In particular, priests who have removed themselves from the world completely give themselves solely to this work. With no idea of the true nature of the afterlife, these people live out their worldly lives in vain pursuits.

As historical sources show, Buddha always chose to speak about his basic tenets and deliver his way of worship orally; centuries of research has determined that he left behind no written texts. Buddhists maintain that his sermons were passed down orally from generation to generation for 400 years, until they were finally compiled in the Pali canon. However, most scholars believe that the great majority of these words are not Buddha's at all, but were added to in the course of centuries until they attained their present form. Therefore Buddhism, not relying on any written texts, underwent many changes and distortions over the course of time, being considerably reshaped by additions and omissions.

Today, Buddhism's holy book, written in the Pali language, is called the Tipitaka, which means "triple basket." It is not known for sure when the Tipitaka was written down, but it is thought to have attained its present shape in Sri Lanka sometime in the first century B.C. Its texts are divided into the following chapters:

1. Vinaya Pitaka: This chapter, meaning "Basket of Discipline," contains rules relevant to priests and nuns and how they should be followed. There are also some matters of relevance to those lay readers who are not priests or nuns.

Throughout the centuries, libraries in Tibet have been destroyed. But handwritten books by Tibetan priests are still preserved in neighboring regions. All this Buddhist literature leads people to lead a nightmarish life. This perverse and benighted religion claims that after they die, people might come back as a cow or a mouse and condemns them to lives of fear and anxiety.

2. Sutta Pitaka: Most of this volume is composed of talks in which Buddha explained his ideas. For this reason, this chapter is called the "Basket of Discourse." These words of his were passed down through the centuries, becoming mixed with other legends and false beliefs.

3. Abhidhamma Pitaka: This volume contains Buddhist philosophy and interpretations of Buddha's sermons.

Today's Buddhist priests regard these texts as holy; they worship and organize their lives according to them. They portray Buddha as an actual god (God is surely beyond that!), and for this reason, modern Buddhists bow before his statues, place before them offerings of food and flowers, and expect help from them. This is a completely illogical practice, however, and anyone who believes that stone or bronze statues can hear or help is greatly deceived. Later in this book, we examine these basically pagan practices in more detail, and see how Buddhism has become a secret doctrine concentrating on human beings without accounting for questions of how this world's flawless systems function, much less how the entire universe came to be.

Priests who translate texts from ancient languages are important in Buddhism. In the photograph on the facing page, Buddha watches and encourages priests doing this work. Below: A Sanskrit text from the 11th century contains sections on the life of Buddha. Those espousing the perverse beliefs in these texts have serious moral and psychological deficiencies, since they lack any faith in the eternal afterlife. It is quite natural that Buddhists have these spiritual problems because they believe that they may reincarnate as a mouse, monkey, cow or some other animal..

An Atheistic Religion

Buddhism is a false religion founded on idolatry. Buddhist priests who grow up with these beliefs spend their lives worshipping Buddha.

Buddhist philosophy denies the existence of God, but bases itself on a few aspects of human morality and on escaping from sufferings of this world. Without any intellectual or scientific support, it rests upon the twin concepts of karma and reincarnation-the idea that human beings are continually reborn into this world, that their subsequent lives are shaped by their behavior in their previous ones. No Buddhist scripture considers the existence of a Creator, much less how the universe, the world and living things came to be. No Buddhist text describes how the universe was created from nothing; or how living things came into being; or how to explain the evidence, to be seen everywhere in this world, of an incomparable creation. According to the Buddhist deception, it is not even necessary to think about these things! The only important thing in life, Buddhist texts claim, is suppressing desires, revering Buddha, and escaping from suffering.

As a religion, therefore, Buddhism suffers from a very narrow vision that keeps its believers from considering such basic questions as where they came from, or how the universe and all living things came to be. Indeed, it deters them from even thinking about these things and presses them into the narrow mold of their present earthly life.

An Oppressive, Enslaving Religion

According to Buddhism, hunger, misery and pain guide the way to the truth.

Buddhism's attempt to nullify all human desires is another aspect of its narrow philosophy. God created the blessings of this world for human beings' benefit and pleasure, and so that they would give Him thanks in return. For this reason, Islam does not command people to suppress their desires or to endure pain and suffering. On the contrary, it enjoins them to take advantage of the beautiful aspects in the world (apart from base and unlawful behavior), not to restrain themselves needlessly, nor to inflict pain upon themselves. For this reason, God revealed (Qur'an, 7: 157) that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) had "relieved his followers of their chains":

Those who follow the Messenger, the Ummi, whom they find written down with them in the Torah and the Gospel, commanding them to do right and forbidding them to do wrong, making good things lawful for them and bad things unlawful for them, relieving them of their heavy loads and the chains which were around them. Those who believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the Light that has been sent down with him, they are the ones who are successful.

Present-day Buddhists believe that the more pain they endure, and the more hunger and misery they suffer, the sooner they become enlightened. But this is not enlightenment; it is an inhuman life of self-abuse. A verse of the Qur'an (40:31) says, "God does not want any injustice for His servants." This perverse practice of Buddhists is totally contrary to Islamic morality.

In short, Islam is a liberating religion that saves people from useless customs and prohibitions, social pressures and worries about what other people may think. It calls them to lead calm, peaceful lives with the purpose of gaining God's approval. So it is that our Prophet (may God bless him and grant him peace), in many of his sayings, advises us to make religion simple and easy.

"Make things easy for the people, and do not make it difficult for them, and make them calm (with glad tidings) and do not repulse (them)."1

"You have been sent to make things easy (for the people) and you have not been sent to make things difficult for them."2

This picture shows Buddha and his followers, bowls in their hands, accepting offerings. These irrational Buddhist traditions continue today. Those who fall into Buddhist perversity, are obliged to beg, even though they have no need, and be humiliated. Instead of working for a living, Buddhism leads people into laziness and indolence, condemning them to primitive living conditions. But Islam enjoins exactly the opposite-a vigorous religion that makes its believers dynamic and directs them to do useful work. In contrast to the dark atmosphere of Buddhism, Islam enjoins cleanliness, courtesy, and fruitful labor and encourages the development of science and technology.

Buddhism enslaves its devotees in misty monasteries and forces them into a life of suffering and poverty. Strangely, it discourages good food, cleanliness, comfort-the blessings that God has created for human beings-accepts suffering as a virtue and advises its devotees to lead a miserable life.

For Buddhist monks and nuns, life is full of all kinds of difficulties. They are forbidden to work or own property, obliged to feed themselves by going from door to door and begging among the people, with their bowls in their hands. For this reason, Buddhist priests are even called bhikkhus (beggars) by the people. Buddhist priests are forbidden to marry or have any kind of family life; they may own only one robe, which must be of poor quality yellow or red cloth.

Those who are not priests nevertheless assist priests in the collection of offerings, believing that they will gain merits for a future life. Buddhist priests walk the streets early in the mornings, with bowls in their hands, accepting offerings from the people. But this superstitious practice, done in the name of worship will do them no good in this world or the next, unless God wills otherwise.

Besides this robe, their only other possessions include a hard bed to sleep on, a razor to shave their heads with, a needle case for their own use, a water bottle and a bowl to beg with. They eat only one meal a day, generally consisting of bread and rice flavored with spices, and drink either water or rice milk. They must finish this food before noon and are not allowed to eat anything until the next day. Other foods, even medicines, are regarded as forbidden luxuries. A priest may eat meat, fish or vegetables only if he is sick and then, only with the permission of a higher-ranking priest. In short, Buddhist strictures are a form of self-torture.

This situation is a manifestation of the truth of the verse in the Qur'an (10: 44) that reads, "God does not wrong people in any way; rather it is people who wrong themselves." But to those who believe in Him and submit themselves to Him, God promises a very good life, both in this world and the world to come. To them belong both the blessings of this world and those of the afterlife. According to the Qur'an (7: 32):

Buddhists spend their days performing empty, soul-darkening works that will bring no benefit in either this world or the afterlife. But Islam offers people well-being, beauty and contentment in this life and the next, and forbids any kind of practice that goes against human nature.

Say: "Who has forbidden the fine clothing God has produced for His servants and the good kinds of provision?" Say: "On the Day of Rising, such things will be exclusively for those who believed during their life in this world." In this way, We make the Signs clear for people who know.

Another dark aspect of Buddhism is its pessimism. The "nirvana" it promises to its believers is nothing less than a schizophrenic breaking of all connections with life by a melancholic mind that takes a dim view of the world. The Catholic Encyclopedia describes this aspect of Buddhism in these words:

A Buddhist priest set himself on fire to protest some actions by the government in Saigon. This one photograph is enough to show the dark spiritual state and perverse understanding that Buddhism leads to.

Another fatal defect of Buddhism is its false pessimism. A strong and healthy mind revolts against the morbid view that life is not worth living, that every form of conscious existence is an evil. Buddhism stands condemned by the voice of nature the dominant tone of which is hope and joy. It is a protest against nature for possessing the perfection of rational life. The highest ambition of Buddhism is to destroy that perfection by bringing all living beings to the unconscious repose of Nirvana. Buddhism is thus guilty of a capital crime against nature, and in consequence does injustice to the individual. All legitimate desires must be repressed. Innocent recreations are condemned. The cultivation of music is forbidden. Researches in natural science are discountenanced. The development of the mind is limited to the memorizing of Buddhist texts and the study of Buddhist metaphysics, only a minimum of which is of any value. The Buddhist ideal on earth is a state of passive indifference to everything.3

Islam does not make its adherents indifferent; on the contrary, it calls them to liveliness, activity, and joy. All those who adopt the teachings of Islam are very sensitive to what goes on around them. They do not regard the world as Buddhism does, as chaos to avert the eyes from, but as a testing place-an arena in which they can put the high moral teachings of the Qur'an into practice. For this reason, Islamic history is full of just and successful leaders who ensured comfortable and happy lives for their people. In sharp contrast, Buddhism produces only wretched adherents who cause themselves suffering, drag themselves and others into passivity and poverty, and whose only solution to the problems they encounter is to immolate themselves. This is one of the biggest games that Satan plays with people.

A Pagan Religion

Buddhism is a pagan religion, inasmuch as it worships idols. It is said that today's Buddhism has been divided into different schools, and that worship of Buddha characterizes only some of them. But even to accept Buddhism as an infallible guide-an error that all schools of Buddhism fall into-is an indication that this religion views Buddha as a god.

According to historical sources, Buddhist priests began to deify Buddha shortly after his death. Statues of him were erected everywhere, and the perverse belief gained strength that Nirvana had actually taken shape in his body and was embodied in these statues. The excessive respect that Buddhist priests paid to Buddha later turned into outright worship. Today, giant statues of him adorn every country where Buddhism is the dominant religion. In many countries from Asia to America, you can see statues and temples with Buddha's eyes painted on them-again, suggesting the message that Buddha sees everything and watches people constantly, and that they should be thinking of him every minute of their lives. Clearly, it's a completely untenable belief that someone who died thousands of years ago can still see those who believe in him, protect them, and listen to their prayers. The basic truth that Buddhists are unable to grasp is that God, Lord of all the Worlds, Who encompasses everything and knows the deepest hidden secrets of all things, created Buddha, like all human beings.

pictur60a.jpg

The eyes painted on some temples represent Buddha's eyes, which supposedly see everything. This kind of temple, statues of Buddha and painted eyes are frequently seen in countries where Buddhism has been widely accepted, clearly showing how Buddhism has made Buddha into an idol.

"If you associate others with God, your actions will come to nothing and you will be among the losers."

(Qur'an 39:65)

Belief in Karma

The doctrine of karma supposes that everything a person does will have its effect on him sooner or later, and will have a bearing on his so-called next incarnation. According to this belief, people are continually reborn into this world, where they must bear the consequences in that later life of what they did in a former one. Buddhism denies the existence of God and believes that karma is the unique power that governs everything.

Karma is a Sanskrit word that means "act," and refers to the law of cause and effect. According to those who believe in it, a person will experience in the future what he has done in the past, for good or ill. The past is one's former life; the future is supposed to be a new life they will begin after death. According to this belief, anyone who is poor in this life is paying with his poverty the price for evil that he committed in some former life. This superstitious belief also claims that in a later life, an evil person may be "demoted" to rebirth as an animal or even a plant.

According to the theory of karma, those who are poor, handicapped or ill are paying the price for evil deeds committed in a previous life. Therefore, they deserve their present misfortunes. This perverse understanding results in prevalent injustices in societies where belief in karma is widespread.

One harmful result of believing in karma is that it teaches that present helplessness, poverty and weakness are punishments for a person's moral evils. According to this belief system, if a person is disabled, it's because he has inflicted a similar injury on someone else in a former life and therefore deserves it. This superstitious belief is the main reason why the unjust social structure of the caste system dominated India for so many centuries. (It must be remembered that karma is a Hindu idea, and Buddhism actually arose from Hinduism.) Because the caste system was based on karma, the poor, sick and disabled within India were despised and oppressed. The wealthy high-caste ruling class regarded their own privileges as natural and just.

In Islam, however, being weak is not a retribution; it is accepted as a test from God. Furthermore, other people have the very important duty of helping those who are in need. For this reason, Islam-like Judaism and Christianity, other religions based on divine revelation but that were later altered-has a very strong sense of social justice. But karma-based religions like Buddhism and Hinduism tolerate inequality and pose a great obstacle to social progress.

Karma is based on the belief in reincarnation: the idea that people come back into the world with the same spirit but in a different body. This idea of a "wheel of rebirth" supposes that every life influences a subsequent one. But this belief fails with one single question: how does this karma operate? If Buddhism doesn't accept the existence of God, then who judges a person's former life and sends him back into the world in a new body? This question has no answer! Buddhists believe that karma is a "natural law" that functions by itself, spontaneously, like gravity or thermodynamics. However, it is God Who created all natural laws. No natural law observes what people do throughout their lives, keeps an account, and judges them after death on that basis. No natural law determines, as a result of this judgment, what kind of new life a person will have and re-creates him accordingly; and no natural law imposes this process flawlessly on billions of people, much less animals. Clearly no such natural law exists, and so, neither can such a process exist.

So many people throughout the world believe in reincarnation, even though it has no logical basis, because they have no religious faith. Denying the existence of an infinite afterlife, they fear death and cling to the idea of reincarnation as a way to escape their fear. Belief in reincarnation-like belief in karma-is based in the false consolation that death is nothing to be feared, and that anyone will be able to attain his goals in a new birth. If reincarnation can't occur on its own, as a natural law, then clearly it could exist only through a supernatural act of creation. But a look at the Qur'an tells us that reincarnation is a myth. The Book that God sent down as a guide to humanity openly declares that reincarnation is false.

Reincarnation According to Islam

" Those who call on anything other than God are not really following their partner-gods. They are only following conjecture."

(Qur'an 10:66)

As in every other matter, the Muslim point of view regarding to the philosophy of karma must be based on what God says in the Qur'an, which states there is only one birth and resurrection. Everyone lives only once on this earth, and then he dies. In verse 62: 8, our Lord gives the following command:

Death, from which you are fleeing, will certainly catch up with you. Then you will be returned to the Knower of the Unseen and the Visible and He will inform you about what you did.

A person is resurrected after death and, according to all the things he has done and the works he has performed, is rewarded with either eternal Paradise or endless Hell. That is to say, that a human being has one life in this world, and then an everlasting afterlife. God says very clearly in the Qur'an (21: 95) that after he has died, no one will return to this life: "It is ordained that no nation We have destroyed shall ever rise again." And similarly:

When death comes to one of them, he says, "My Lord, send me back again so that perhaps I may act rightly regarding the things I failed to do!" No indeed! It is just words he utters. Behind them is a barrier until the Day they are resurrected. (Qur'an, 23: 99-100)

As these verses show, one part of humanity will die in the hopes of being reborn, but at the moment of their death, it will be revealed to them that this is absolutely impossible. In another verse in the Qur'an (2: 28), God says this about the death and resurrection of human beings:

How can you reject God, when you were dead and then He gave you life, then He will make you die and then give you life again, then you will be returned to Him?

God says that every human being is dead to begin with; that is, he is created out of the basic inanimate elements of soil, water and mud. Then, God "formed and proportioned" this lifeless mass (Qur'an, 82: 7) and brought him to life. At a specific time after the individual has been brought to life, life comes to an end, and he dies. He returns to the earth and decays back into the soil, where he awaits the final resurrection. Everyone will be resurrected on the Last Day when, learning that another return to earth is not possible, he will give an account of all the actions he did in his life. In the Qur'an (44: 56-57), God says that after a human being has come into this world, he will experience only one death: "They will not taste any death there-except for the first one. He will safeguard them from the punishment of the Blazing Fire. A favor from your Lord. That is the Great Victory."

"How many generations We have destroyed before them! Do you see a trace of any one of them or hear even a whisper of them?

(Qur'an 19:98)

(Left) The remains of Petra in Jordan,

(Right) The remains of the Coliseum in Rome

These verses make it clear that death occurs only once. No matter how much people want to overcome their fears of death and an everlasting afterlife and console themselves with false beliefs in karma and reincarnation, the reality is that they won't return to this world after they die. Everyone will die only once and, as God has willed, will have an endless life in the world to come. According to the good or the evil that individuals have done, they will either be rewarded with Paradise, or punished with Hell.

Eternally just, merciful and compassionate, God gives the perfect reward for what everyone has done. If a person seeks comfort in false beliefs because he fears death or the possibility of going to Hell, he will experience certain ruin. Anyone who has intelligent awareness, conscience, and fears in this regard must turn to God with a sincere heart if he hopes to escape the pains of Hell and attain Paradise. He must conform his life to the Qur'an, the true guide for humanity.

Never yet has being old or young, beautiful or rich been able to prevent anyone from dying; and so, no one can disregard death's reality. Whether people disregard that reality or not, it is something they can never avoid.

The throes of death come revealing the truth. That is what you were trying to evade! (Qur'an, 50: 19)

Reading these lines, you may be led to consider the closeness of death. Perhaps death is closer to you than to others; and you may die before you finish reading this book. It may come for no apparent reason, with no illness, accident or age-related cause. God will send the Angel of Death to come at the hour of your departure and take your soul.

We must always keep this important fact in mind and never postpone making preparations for death. The Qur'an (63: 11) reminds us that "God will not give anyone more time, once their time has come." Here, God tells us that death cannot be postponed, and He speaks of the sorrow of an individual who meets it:

Give from what We have provided for you before death comes to one of you and he says, "My Lord, if only you would give me a little more time so that I would give charity and be among the righteous!" God will not give anyone more time, once their time has come. God is aware of what you do. (Qur'an, 63:10-11)

Buddhism's Misguided Belief About the Afterlife

Buddhism's belief in karma leaves no room for belief in the eternal afterlife, Paradise or Hell. This false and perverse position -the idea that an individual returns into the world after each death, continually-conflicts with what God has revealed in the Qur'an. In The Religions of India, Edward Washburn Hopkins, a professor of Sanskrit and Comparative Philology, explains that Buddhism does not believe in an afterlife:

. . . The logic of his own system led Buddha into a formal and complete pessimism, which denies an after-life to the man that finds no happiness in this . . . In his talks with his questioners and disciples, he uses all means to evade direct inquiry in regard to the fate of man after death. He believed that Nirvana (extinction of lust) led to cessation of being; he did not believe in an immortal soul... What he urged repeatedly was that every one accepting the undisputed doctrine of karma or re-birth in its full extent (i.e., that for every sin here, punishment followed in the next existence), should endeavor to escape, if possible, from such an endless course of painful re-births. . .4

“They do not measure God with His true measure. The whole earth will be a mere handful for Him on the Day of Rising.”

(Qur’an 39:67)

From some Buddhist writings, one can glean the following information on the afterlife:

Whether one is reborn in Heaven or in one of the various levels of Hell, the forms of existence in these places are transitory, as they are on earth, and are not eternal. As in Hinduism, the period of time during which . . . individuals remain in these places depends on the amount of good and evil they have done while on earth. When the prescribed time has been completed, they will return to earth again. Heaven and Hell are no more than temporary states of existence in which the individuals receive their reward for the acts they have committed while on earth.5

According to superstitious Buddhist beliefs, the existence of the universe, human beings, death and rebirth are all uncontrolled processes. Those who believe in this irrational claim are spiritually unbalanced. They live in tension and discomfort that comes from the frightening idea that everything in the world is arbitrary. But Islam teaches that God controls everything that happens in the universe. Those who understand this trust God at every moment, living in the joyous comfort of His support and protection.

Buddhism teaches that there is a kind of Paradise and Hell, as a reward and punishment for what a person has done. But because this belief does not stem from a revealed religion, it contains many contradictions and illogicalities. Above all, and contrary to what God has revealed in the Qur'an, Buddhism believes that Paradise and Hell are only transitory.

Again, one of this belief's most illogical aspects is the idea that all systems in the world operate, in effect, by themselves. According to Buddhism, just as the existence of the universe and human beings is uncontrolled, so is the cycle of death and re-birth. There is no room in this belief for a Creator Who has brought into existence the world and the life upon it, together with Paradise and Hell, and rewards human beings for what they have done. However, accepting the existence of Paradise and Hell as places where reward and punishment are given, but not explaining how these realms were created, is an extremely illogical, unacceptable claim.

But who deals out the rewards and punishments? Moreover, how were these realms created? The philosophy of karma claims no account of how Paradise and Hell could have come into being without a Creator. This superstitious belief has been passed down from generation to generation, without ever being questioned or logically explained. Buddhism has no logical explanation for the existence of the universe or how it functions, nor of the origin of the flawless creative art evident in all living things. For this reason, Buddhism can never presume to be more than a mystical movement with no basis in logic, supported only by myths.

1. Sahih Bukhari

2. Sahih Bukhari

3. Buddhism, The Catholic Encyclopedia, vol. 3, Copyright Š 1908 by Robert Appleton Company Online Edition Copyright Š 1999 by Kevin Knight, http://www.newadvent.org

4. Edward Washburn Hopkins, The Religions of India, Ginn & Company, pp. 319-320

5. Dr. Ali Ihsan Yitik, Hint Kokenli Dinlerde Karma Inancinin Tenasuh Inanciyla Iliskisi (The Relation of the Idea of Karma in Indian Religions with the Idea of Reincarnation) , pp. 130-131

Edited by Moheb

this thread is comedy.

we as muslims should be equipped with the appropriate knowledge and material to enable us to refute them, and to help bring the misguided to the light of Islam

I am a *stringent* believer in hinduism, and i have yet to meet or argue with a muslim who could refute anything I say, or "guide" me, without qouting a baziliion passages from the Quran as "evidence", which really doesnt mean much to me.

An Atheistic Religion

. An Oppressive, Enslaving Religion

. A Pagan Religion

depends on what sect of buddhism

-opressive? enslaving?

Who were the early purveyors of the slave the trade?? Oh thats right, it was the arabs.

How many wars have been fought in the name of buddhism, and how many buddhists have engaged in any significant conflict in the name of religion???

-pagan religion? like I said, what you consider "pagan" is in regards to to what sect of buddhism.

The philosophy of karma claims no account of how Paradise and Hell could have come into being without a Creator. This superstitious belief has been passed down from generation to generation, without ever being questioned or logically explained.

Why do you keep calling other beliefs superstition, when your beliefs are by no means FACT???

ALL beliefs in regards to religion can be called "supersition", as there is no way to prove otherwise.

A Buddhist priest set himself on fire to protest some actions by the government in Saigon. This one photograph is enough to show the dark spiritual state and perverse understanding that Buddhism leads to.

what about those whacky shias who cut open there heads???

http://www.human.st/alisina/gallery.htm

ashura2.jpg

Edited by adren@line

Salaam aliakum,

The shia brothers have to stop doing Kama ka matam and zanjeeri (hitting ourselves with chains) only a few shia men do this nowadays.. soon they will be educated and stop this Jahilliya practice and stop misrepresenting shia Islam.

Zanadine.