- - - -

Photo
- - - - -

Muta

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
234 replies to this topic

Poll: Woud you give your daughter,sister or mother (if widowed or divorced) for muta to another man??? (344 member(s) have cast votes)

Woud you give your daughter,sister or mother (if widowed or divorced) for muta to another man???

1. yes (126 votes [39.50%])

Percentage of vote: 39.50%

2. no (193 votes [60.50%])

Percentage of vote: 60.50%

Vote

#1 Hannibal

Hannibal

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 08:43 PM

(bismillah)

(salam)

I'm asking this question out of curiosity because the other day a sheikh was telling my friend how good mut'a is and how society needs it etc.. but when my friend asked him (just to test) if he could do mut'a with his daughter he refused and got angry. (Hypocricy if you ask me)

I would like to know all of your honest opinions

(salam)

Hezbullahi

Edited by Hezbullahi, 07 September 2003 - 08:51 PM.

#2 Gypsy

Gypsy

Hal Min Nasirin Yansurna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,480 posts
  • Interests:Exposing hypocrisy and double standards.

Posted 07 September 2003 - 08:45 PM

I voted no because I would prefer permanent marriage for them

#3 Guest_AR_*

Guest_AR_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2003 - 08:57 PM

hmmm,i have to admit....even though i am very supportive of mutah,it does not seem so good when someone would approach me for my family.definatly not the mother,but whereas the sister and daughter are concerned,i would exmamine the mans background etc in detail,before accepting them

#4 shiaofhussayn

shiaofhussayn

Man on Mission towards pleasing Allah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts
  • Interests:Well, i love reading and reading and reading and writing too but not as much as i love reading :) I enjoy playing sports,

Posted 07 September 2003 - 09:03 PM

(bismillah)
(salam)

I'm asking this question out of curiosity because the other day a sheikh was telling my friend how good mut'a is and how society needs it etc.. but when my friend asked him (just to test) if he could do mut'a with his daughter he refused and got angry. (Hypocricy if you ask me

loooool. nice going for your friend. i wonder if these are the kinda "sheikhs" that Imam (as) will cut off their head when he comes.

as for the question, though i am not an anti-muta, but i sstill would not let another dude, doing with my sister or daughter or mother. hm.. but i wonder if we could have athority with our moms even to someextent. but yea as for my sis and daughter, i would probably let him do muta wiht my sis and daughter, ONLY AFTER doing background research on the man and try to get all that necessary info.

wasalaaam

fi amanillah

#5 Hannibal

Hannibal

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 09:25 PM

(bismillah)

(salam)

Why am I not convinced that you would agree even after a backround check ? (if you were actually confronted)

(salam)

Hezbullahi

Edited by Hezbullahi, 07 September 2003 - 09:26 PM.

#6 Guest_abaleada_*

Guest_abaleada_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2003 - 09:28 PM

(bismillah)
(salam)
There wasn't an option asking us if we would object if our female relatives offered themselves in zawaj ul mut`ah.

#7 SadrasStudent

SadrasStudent

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 09:30 PM

Definitely - so long as he were a good Muslim. Why? Considering my own attempted (albeit throughly unsuccessful) pursuit of muta, I would be a total hypocrite to say no. What is good for the goose is good for the gander (or in this case vice versa).

#8 Ehsan

Ehsan

My Lord, Stand by my side

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts
  • Religion:Muslim
  • Interests:Worshipping the Beloved.

Posted 07 September 2003 - 09:54 PM

Salam

When it comes to my mother, I'm protective like a hard shell covering the pearl of her being.
I would be like that wether Muta or not (that is perm.), I wont answer what would happen as I'm not sure...but for now she has my dad. :D
And I don't have any sisters so I can't answer that one.

Anyway I'd be carefull, as many men abuse, but I think one adopts after the situation.
No definite answer, just that I care for my mother and only want her best (may that be muta or not).

#9 jlainqatar

jlainqatar

Mabrook alaycom as-shahr!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts
  • Interests:Islam, education, psychology, exercise/sports

Posted 08 September 2003 - 12:21 AM

Selam alaycom,

Just curious, was the sheikh's daughter divorced or widowed? If not, I can understand his reaction. However, most men do have double standards. Muta is ok for them, but not for their female relatives. If a girl is a virgin, I doubt if many fathers would give her permission for mutah. (it's makruh). However, if she is divorced or a widow, she doesn't need anyone's permission to do muta. Ofcourse ethically, she should consult her family and see the man's background. Muta is for when permanent marriage is not possible or practical. There may be times when a widow or divorced woman needs a husband. Muta is the halal alternative to the haram aldultery/fornication. Imam Ali (as) said: If it wasn't for Omar, nobody would have committed adultery/fornication except the incorrigible.....

Peace,
Um Ali

#10 Socrates

Socrates

Islam is Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (as)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,771 posts
  • Religion:Shi'a Imamiyyah
  • Interests:Tawalla and Tabarra

Posted 08 September 2003 - 12:23 AM

(salam)
Its a good question

:lol:@ the sheikh

A similiar situation happened to sheikh here in London *no names* Anyways, I probably would say definitely no to my mother, my sister I'd be pretty conservative too, as for daughters, I'll think about it.

#11 Zoya

Zoya

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 04:58 AM

>>>Woud you give your daughter,sister or mother (if widowed or divorced) for muta to another man???<<<

I think the question itself is wrong. As someone has already mentioned, "if widowed or divorced", your daughter/sister/mother does not need your prior permission for muta. So even if you weren't happy with their muta contract, I doubt if there'd be much you could do about it. Cheer up guys, it saves you from being hypocrites! :)

I would like to know to what degree of necessity is it that a virgin needs to ask the permission of male guardians/relative in order to contract muta?

#12 shiaofhussayn

shiaofhussayn

Man on Mission towards pleasing Allah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts
  • Interests:Well, i love reading and reading and reading and writing too but not as much as i love reading :) I enjoy playing sports,

Posted 08 September 2003 - 05:48 AM

as for the question, though i am not an anti-muta, but i sstill would not let another dude, doing with my sister or daughter or mother. hm.. but i wonder if we could have athority with our moms even to someextent. but yea as for my sis and daughter, i would probably let him do muta wiht my sis and daughter, ONLY AFTER doing background research on the man and try to get all that necessary info.

that was what bro shiaofhussayn said. however, I want take this back and actually say that, since i Just relised that my family arent Shias, I dont think a man (from the sunni bros, since they have already said no to marrying shia bro) would come and do muta with them, since they dnt belive in it. and same for my sis, so that means i can only have a say on my daughter which I would allow it, after investigatin and research on the brother.

wasalaaam

fi amanillah

#13 ya imam mehdi

ya imam mehdi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 08:24 AM

(bismillah)

Salam,

Well I think i wouldnt mind for my daughter but there would be strict restrictions...i.e. no sex. I mean if my daughter wanted to get to know somebody I would rather everything be done in the halal way. So they are free to talk and be free with each other but have some restrictions on them. Get me??

Well i brought this up to my hubby and he flipped out on me..lol. He's like once u mention the word muta to a guy and girl they are gonna get the impression its ok to have relations. Since they know its all halal. I dont know he makes a valid point but i would hate for anything haram to ever take place. Its a tough decision. I guess it depends on the child. Wasalam

#14 naaz_aneen

naaz_aneen

world citizen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,221 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 03:59 PM

(bismillah)

(salam)

I'm asking this question out of curiosity because the other day a sheikh was telling my friend how good mut'a is and how society needs it etc.. but when my friend asked him (just to test) if he could do mut'a with his daughter he refused and got angry. (Hypocricy if you ask me)

(salam)

Hezbullahi

hypocrisy indeed...

#15 Imam

Imam
  • Banned
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 08:55 PM

(bismillah)

(salam)

I think I can settle this dispute once and for all by froviding an illuminating hadeeth from Imam Sadeq which will also (regrettibly) destroy hebollahi's statement where he said "[I think it's] hypocracy if you ask me":

"A man aksed Imam Al Sadq about the premissibility of Mut'ah and the Imam replied by saying it is Halal without a doubt. Then the man asked the Imam if he could do Mut'ah with his daughter (imam's daughter) so the Imam simply looked away and turned his head from the man" meaning that the permissibility of Mut'ah is one issue, while me giving you my daughter is another.

I may not want to give you my daughter or mother (not that I have a choice for my mother or even divorced/widowed daughter) but that does not mean Mut'ah as a Hukm is not allowed. Just as many sons might not like the idea of their mothers re-marrying another person after their father dies. That doesn't mean, though, that the mother is not allowed to get married.

Next time, bro hezbollahi, be a little more considerate when attaking a sheikh or anyone else for that matter.

(salam)

#16 Aboo Fatimah

Aboo Fatimah

I am

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 08:57 PM

How is it that more people said NO, see the selfishness that goes on around here?
Pure example.

#17 pasdar1

pasdar1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 10:22 PM

How is it that more people said NO, see the selfishness that goes on around here?
Pure example.

Salam un Alaykum,

Selfishness? How did you reach that conclusion? Marrying 4 wives is Halal, just becuase I wouldn't want my mother to be someone's third wife does not mean I am selfish does it? Just becuase muta is halal, does not mean it is wajib for everyone to do it. There are people in situations which it becomes practically wajib on them, or people that Need to be someones second wife {I have spoken to a sister that said this "now I understand why polygomy is allowed in Islam" becuase of her situation}.

Iltemas e dua
Khodahafiz

#18 Guest_abaleada_*

Guest_abaleada_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2003 - 11:23 PM

(bismillah)

(salam)

I think I can settle this dispute once and for all by froviding an illuminating hadeeth from Imam Sadeq which will also (regrettibly) destroy hebollahi's statement where he said "[I think it's] hypocracy if you ask me":

"A man aksed Imam Al Sadq about the premissibility of Mut'ah and the Imam replied by saying it is Halal without a doubt. Then the man asked the Imam if he could do Mut'ah with his daughter (imam's daughter) so the Imam simply looked away and turned his head from the man" meaning that the permissibility of Mut'ah is one issue, while me giving you my daughter is another.

I may not want to give you my daughter or mother (not that I have a choice for my mother or even divorced/widowed daughter) but that does not mean Mut'ah as a Hukm is not allowed. Just as many sons might not like the idea of their mothers re-marrying another person after their father dies. That doesn't mean, though, that the mother is not allowed to get married.

Next time, bro hezbollahi, be a little more considerate when attaking a sheikh or anyone else for that matter.

(salam)

(bismillah)
(salam)
Imam, none of us here is a scholar of ahadith, so none of us knows a.) whether the hadith is sound b.) whether it has been translated properly c.) what the proper explanation of it is d.) whether it has the same application in fiqh as we assume of it e.) how to interpret it f.) whether we are viewing the whole hadith or whether that was a portion of another hadith.

I have seen other ahadith discussing people who wanted to marry a daughter of one of the A'immahy (as) and being rehjected on the basis of lack in peership - the same reason that Bibi Fatimah was not married to any of the other companions of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). I can't remember when or where I heard this, tho, so don't take my word for it.

What I do know is that I'm not going to base my fiqh on any or every hadith that I happen to see. I'm not knowledgeable enough for that.

#19 FreedomFighter

FreedomFighter

Few see with their own eyes & feel with their own hearts

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 12:31 AM

(bismillah)

(salam)

(salam)

Hezbullahi

hypocrisy indeed...

Salam Alaikum,

is it really? hypocricy is a pretty strong word...I would just see the Sheikh's response as a parental instinct...whenever you question a father regarding their daughter, especially in such a manner, it's human nature for the father to become emotional, if not angry...and like brother pasdar1 said, muta is HALAL, but it's not WAJIB...

Wa'Alaikum Salam

#20 nur allaa nur

nur allaa nur

Allah is the light of the heavens and the earth...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Interests:[ 24:35] Allah is the light of the heavens and the earth; a likeness of His light is as a niche in which is a lamp, the lamp is in a glass..the glass is as it were a brightly shining star, lit from a blessed olive-tree, neither eastern nor western, the oil whereof almost gives light though fire touch it not-- light upon light-- Allah guides to His light whom He pleases..

Posted 09 September 2003 - 06:08 AM

(salam)

I personally will have to disagree with Muta altogether because the young youth, especially where i live in London
are abusing the rules of Muta <_< , as i have heard. I would rather marry someone for permenant marriage and not
one that had been around doing Muta.

But in this day and age i will never know if the guy im gona marry has been doing Muta and abusing it....... :cry:

I think ideally for this 'Modern' soceity there is no need for anyone really to do Muta :rolleyes:

(salam)

#21 *smile*

*smile*

say...CHEEEEEZZZZE

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Zleeeeppppp !!

Posted 09 September 2003 - 06:42 AM

(salam)

I personally will have to disagree with Muta altogether because the young youth, especially where i live in London
are abusing the rules of Muta <_< , as i have heard. I would rather marry someone for permenant marriage and not
one that had been around doing Muta.

But in this day and age i will never know if the guy im gona marry has been doing Muta and abusing it....... :cry:

I think ideally for this 'Modern' soceity there is no need for anyone really to do Muta :rolleyes:

(salam)

Just becoz, mut'a is misused by misguided ppl..doesnt mean, mut'a itself is wrong, nore is Allah's rule wrong. :Hijabi:

#22 Hannibal

Hannibal

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 07:52 PM

(bismillah)

(salam)

I would like to thank you all for taking the time to vote and post your honest opinions. May Allah(swt) bless you all.

Now I have a set of questions I want to ask.

What are your opinions on:

1) Legalising prostitution in iran in the name of muta. Do you believe it to be halal, if so, would you morally accept this ?

2) A person asked Ayatollah Araki in london if a woman could do muta for the sake of money only and he said it was halal, is there any truth to this ? If so, what is your opinion regarding it.Is it morally right ?

3) What is your opinon on a mother who constantly does muta (within the limit of when she can re-do muta again) and what effect do you think it would have on the child ? Is this as well, according to you, morally right ?

4) Do you believe there should be a reform regarding the rules of muta ? Should they be even more open or should there be restrictions and halal only under certain circumstances ? Whatever your answer is, could you explain your opinion?

By the way, please dont take this as if I'm against muta, i'm only asking these questions out of curiosity.

(salam)

Hezbullahi

#23 Gypsy

Gypsy

Hal Min Nasirin Yansurna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,480 posts
  • Interests:Exposing hypocrisy and double standards.

Posted 09 September 2003 - 08:28 PM

1) Legalizing prostitution in Iran in the name of muta. Do you believe it to be halal, if so, would you morally accept this ?

I am against it. You cant turn marriage into prostitution or money making business. Some of the concern here would be : The Iddah(waiting period) and The number of partner a women have will promote risk of venereal diseases or worse AIDS.

This would also upset the community or family structure when people would go to search professional women for muta. Women should not be resort to being a chattel..a marriage should be treated as a marriage.

2) A person asked Ayatollah Araki in london if a woman could do muta for the sake of money only and he said it was halal, is there any truth to this ? If so, what is your opinion regarding it.Is it morally right ?

yes, it is halal to do muta for money because even for marriage, the women get mahar and they get financial support from their husband . A lot of women do not have means to support themselves and if they are widow or divorcee with kids, they need source of income. And Men are supposed to take care of women in Islamic society.

3) What is your opinon on a mother who constantly does muta (within the limit of when she can re-do muta again) and what effect do you think it would have on the child ? Is this as well, according to you, morally right ?

I would need to know what is her reason for muta. I don’t think kid can accept different men living with his/her mother and then one day the men sort of disappear. But it is not easy for every woman to get married if they are not in a very good position

4) Do you believe there should be a reform regarding the rules of muta ? Should they be even more open or should there be restrictions and halal only under certain circumstances ? Whatever your answer is, could you explain your opinion?

Actually they is nothing wrong with ruling for muta. The problem is with human being. I don’t think people will have the capability to treat these rules with respect and dignity unless/except you can make human a decent human being and install good moral values.

Edited by Zareen, 09 September 2003 - 08:29 PM.

#24 guest123

guest123

hopla hopla hopla .there goes my umbrella

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts
  • Interests:dr tahir ul qadri rocks !

WHO SAYS SHIA - SUNNIS CANT BE FRIENDS?

ONE GOD , ONE RELIGION , ONE UMMAH

SHIA-SUNNI UNITY !

Posted 10 September 2003 - 03:41 AM

hi peeps , salamz
i wouldnt and have never done mutah , but i do support mutah when ppls are in a difficult circumstances where they cant hold their feelings and do mutah , rather then commiting zinah ,i would never give my daughter or sister to a guy who only wnats to do mutah , without giving her a solid guarantee of taking care for her or marry her and stay the rest of his life with her ....there was a guy who posted for searching a woman for having mutah while he was married...
i know a guy who has a website about matchmaking mutah....like u have matriminial sites or dating sites he has a mutah matching site where girls and guys can post their profiles and who r looking for a mutah partner some of them are only for mutah others(majority) are for first temp marriage with mutah leading to nikah /marriage !
well this really doesnt fit in my stomach it sounds so weird and which i would never ever do in my life! u dont know this other person never seen him dont know his background , why the hell woul d u go for him and have mutah -> which is in other words just having sex with him ?
is this wrong ? or a good deed for the community having such a site
cuz i have been thinking and thinking and it just doesnt fit in my head :unsure:

Edited by queen_punk, 10 September 2003 - 06:00 AM.

#25 LaYdee_110

LaYdee_110

Milllkkkyyyy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts
  • Interests:Interesting. Now What?

Posted 10 September 2003 - 04:31 AM

muta i fink shud only b dun by widowed ppl or ppl dat single parents or so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users