Tel: 020-8336-1018

7. Hujjat Imambara

Wood Lane

Stanmore

Middlesex

HA7 4LQ

Tel: 020-8954-6247

PM me if you need anymore.

Alikum asalam, thank you for the reply, God Bless (YouthOfAli)... i'm not sure its for a shia-convert- friend who is in london (visiting) and wants to vist islamic center/mosques for his own reasons...and i don't really know exactly where he is in Lodon...thank you anyway sister. God Bless you both.

Peace.

~Mohammad Hadi. A

salaam

sis nida... i thot tht was sara's job :P (oppss..no offence sis sara :D )

yeah but i still don't understand!!!! :blink:

personally...i think Islamic Centre in Maida Vale (option number 5 posted by Youth) is the best! :D :D :D

but then again...thts only my opinion ;)

duas, haq

Edited by haq is with ALI

sis nida... i thot tht was sara's job  (oppss..no offence sis sara

:lol:

but tht WOZ confusing....until youth explained it to me :)

yea the edgeware rd mosque (isn't tht the one in maida vale) is niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......oh the persian majalises are wellllll niceeeeeeeee......and the nohaaaaaasssssssssss :)

As Salaam Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

I'm a young brother currently residing in Belgium who wants to visit London with my wife for the first time.

(weekend of 18-19 july)

Is there any islamic places anyone could recommend us to visit such as (plz include area or address):

- Shia masjid (maybe there should be a program somewhere on the 18th for the memory of Imam Musa al Kazim (as))

- Halal restaurants, snacks... Is there any Halal Kentucky, McDonalds, BK... around?

(seems trivial but in Belgium we just don't have that stuff)

- Any other interesting (general) places?

Thanks in advance,

peace be with you,

Brother Ihsaan

Edited by islamicdaddy

Wsalaam Brother

I know of 4 Shi'a Mosques in London:

1. Hujjat Islamic Centre which is in Stanmore

2. Mahfil Ali - http://www.sicm.org.uk/index.php?page=map

3. Hyderi Islamic Centre - Hyderi Islamic Centre, 26 Estreham Road, London SW16 5PQ

4. Islamic Centre in Maidavale

There are LOTS of halal places to eat in London. You won't need to go to the usual KFC's etc, as these ones are way better. They are literally scattered everywhere but a few favourites are on Edgeware Road (a lot of arabian and lebanese restaurants) and 'Tinsel Town' (like a halal Amerian Diner) in Farringdon.

Zone 1 and 2 of London (look at Tube Map) are probably most interesting. Go to 'Covent Garden,' 'Oxford Street,' 'Hyde Park,' 'Picadilly Circus,' etc. You will find tourist attraction leaflets at any tube station.

Hope you have a great time here inshaAllah.

As Salaam Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

I'm a young brother currently residing in Belgium who wants to visit London with my wife for the first time.

(weekend of 18-19 july)

Is there any islamic places anyone could recommend us to visit such as (plz include area or address):

- Shia masjid (maybe there should be a program somewhere on the 18th for the memory of Imam Musa al Kazim (as))

- Halal restaurants, snacks... Is there any Halal Kentucky, McDonalds, BK... around?

(seems trivial but in Belgium we just don't have that stuff)

- Any other interesting (general) places?

Thanks in advance,

peace be with you,

Brother Ihsaan

McDonalds and BK are halal???

I think in order to ask questions the Islamic Centre of England is the best place to go, here's how you get there: http://www.cityultima.com/London/BusinessPage:Islamic_Centre_of_England

This is their official website: http://www.ic-el.com/en/

Edited by Hawraa29

SALAAMS People

Does anyone know of a shia mosque in London that also offer the azaan transmitter service?

Thats a transmitter that allows you to link to the mosque and have the azaan played in your house - its very common in Sunni mosques and I am hoping I can have the shia version in my home!!

SALAAMS People

Does anyone know of a shia mosque in London that also offer the azaan transmitter service?

Thats a transmitter that allows you to link to the mosque and have the azaan played in your house - its very common in Sunni mosques and I am hoping I can have the shia version in my home!!

(salam)

I don't know if they do that, but these two mosques have live feeds

http://www.hyderi.org.uk/

http://www.hujjat.org/

you could try login onto one of them, they might do it.

But you could just get an adhna clock and set it yourslef, I don't have one, so i'mnot really sure how they work, but i would imagine you can do that.

(bismillah)

These are two English lectures for the month of Muharram. I recommend attending both of them at different nights. I was at Syed Qazwini's lectures last year, and they were amazing ;)

The Islamic Centre of England in Maida Vale also has a series of English lectures on the first saturday of each month, organised by the BaniHashem Foundation. They also have this new programme going on for converts. Let me know if you are interested in either so I find the details and post them up.

post-70265-12915017250595_thumb.jpg

post-70265-12915017434008_thumb.jpg

Salaams,

Does anybody know any Shia Mosques in London that are good for converts (with English lectures)? Thanks :)

(salam)

Your best bet might be the hyderi center on streatham, sayed Ammar Nakshawani lectures there on a very regular basis (at least every thursday i believe)-though he will be in australia during muharram.

It is fairly easy to get to, depending on where you live, it is a very short train ride from clapham junction

but as the sister mentioned above, the islamic center also have them, and they are usually pretty good, the spekers are often of a good caliber (sheikh Ahmad Haneef, Sheikh Shomali, they sometimes have sister rebecca masterton (from ahlul bayt tv) ) I think it all depends on what time of year it is, and who is in the country.

http://www.ic-el.com/

that is their website anyways.

But there are many lectures available online, apart from youtube which has alot by Hassanain Rajabali, Ammar Nakshawani

you could try the AIM (ahlul bayt islamic mission) website

http://www.aimislam.com/

click the "resources" heading, then either choose a video (from the video archive) or an audio.

(in fact, nearly every mosque has uploaded their lecture to enable people to listen to them from the website)

But if you are a revert, you might benefit from the course sister koko recommended http://www.ic-el.com/en/show_news.asp?idnum=132&state=info

Also I always highly recommend the books by dr Tijani, they are easy to read, cover a wide range of topics and (in my opinion) are really good-plus they will give you ideas on what you want to learn more in depth about

good luck, ws

Edited by ShahHussain

salam.gif

Your best bet might be the hyderi center on streatham, sayed Ammar Nakshawani lectures there on a very regular basis (at least every thursday i believe)-though he will be in australia during muharram.

It is fairly easy to get to, depending on where you live, it is a very short train ride from clapham junction

Although, after Australia, Sayed Ammar is going to study in hawza for at least a year.

I think in order to ask questions the Islamic Centre of England is the best place to go, here's how you get there: http://www.cityultima.com/London/BusinessPage:Islamic_Centre_of_England

This is their official website: http://www.ic-el.com/en/

I rang them but have had no luck as the person to whom I tallk to doesnt speak english but does anyone know what the frequency the transmitter service is offered on?

Strangely the website doesnt even have this info?