Sign in to follow this  
kumail

Is anyone here from australia?

(salam)

We are intending to go to Sydney during the school break.  Would appreciate if anyone in sydney could give locations of the husainniyahs there.  jazakallah.

(bismillah)

(salam)

AL-ZAHRA MOSQUE

1-3 WOLLONGONG ROAD

ARNCLIFFE NSW 2205

Ph. 61-02- 95973553 Fax. 61-02- 9599 1335

IMAM HUSSEIN ISLAMIC CENTRE

6 LANG ROAD

EARLWOOD NSW 2206

Tel.61-02-95581114 Fax. 61-02- 95581766

IMAM MOUSSA AL-SADR CENTRE (I think thats what it's called)

PRINCESS HIGHWAY

ROCKDALE NSW

AL-JAAFARI SOCIETY

LOFTUS STREET

TURRELLA NSW

(where the old Streets IceCream factory stood-they moved there after their centre was burnt in Rockdale, and i dont know if they have a contact number)

AL-EMAAN AUSTRALIAN MUSLIM COMMUNITY

(I dont know if they have a central centre, but during the months of Muharrum they are present at the Strathfield Town Hall)

And in october they will be hosting Brother Hasanain Rajabali at Hurstville Marana Auditorium, and a dinner reception on the Birth of Imam Al-Hujja (as). If you want more information you may contact me in private.

AL-MAHDI MOSQUE

CAMPBELLTOWN

http://www.almahdimosque.2ya.com/

almahdimosque@yahoo.com

There are other centres and hussainiyas in Auburn and liverpool but i dont have details about them, or their programs.

(salam)

We are intending to go to Sydney during the school break.  Would appreciate if anyone in sydney could give locations of the husainniyahs there.  jazakallah.

(bismillah)

(salam)

AL-ZAHRA MOSQUE

1-3 WOLLONGONG ROAD

ARNCLIFFE NSW 2205

Ph. 61-02- 95973553 Fax. 61-02- 9599 1335

IMAM HUSSEIN ISLAMIC CENTRE

6 LANG ROAD

EARLWOOD NSW 2206

Tel.61-02-95581114 Fax. 61-02- 95581766

IMAM MOUSSA AL-SADR CENTRE (I think thats what it's called)

PRINCESS HIGHWAY

ROCKDALE NSW

AL-JAAFARI SOCIETY

LOFTUS STREET

TURRELLA NSW

(where the old Streets IceCream factory stood-they moved there after their centre was burnt in Rockdale, and i dont know if they have a contact number)

AL-EMAAN AUSTRALIAN MUSLIM COMMUNITY

(I dont know if they have a central centre, but during the months of Muharrum they are present at the Strathfield Town Hall)

And in october they will be hosting Brother Hasanain Rajabali at Hurstville Marana Auditorium, and a dinner reception on the Birth of Imam Al-Hujja (as). If you want more information you may contact me in private.

AL-MAHDI MOSQUE

CAMPBELLTOWN

http://www.almahdimosque.2ya.com/

almahdimosque@yahoo.com

There are other centres and hussainiyas in Auburn and liverpool but i dont have details about them, or their programs.

Salaam alaikum,

That's a lot of Shia centers in one city. Do you know the approximate total population of Sidney and approximately what percentage are Shia?

WaSalaam, Hajar

(salam)

jazakallah khairan for the sisters/bros for the information of the shia centres in sydney. may i know which of the centres have English as the medium of instruction for their programmes?

thank you.

P.S. We had to postpone our trip to sydney this term break but inshaAllah we may go there during the summer break..inshaAllah there will be no bush fire this year.

(salam)

jazakallah khairan for the sisters/bros for the information of the shia centres in sydney. may i know which of the centres have English as the medium of instruction for their programmes?

thank you.

P.S. We had to postpone our trip to sydney this term break but inshaAllah we may go there during the summer break..inshaAllah there will be no bush fire this year.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Imam Hussein Islamic Centre caters on a broad scale to the english speakers.

So too does Al-Emaan. Al-Jaafaria Society - I think - has an ongoing english program on tuesday nights.

(salam)

Thanks for the info sis Wilayah. Does anyone know whether there will be any summer camps in Sydney this year? I would like to send my daughters and sons there if there are (and if i can afford it) :).

jazakallah

Bismillah

Salaam

Khala umHassan, i am coming to Australia again. I will inshaAllah meet you in Sydney and will take you to some Islamic centers inshaAllah. Havent seen you guyz in along time :) If we dont go at the same time, let me know when you re going so i can tell you where our old community members go from Hussainia back home :D. Quite a few people migrated. Oh btw sis wilayah, the Fatima Zahra Islamic center, how far would that be from lets say, epping?

Fi Amaan Allah

Bismillah

Salaam

Khala umHassan, i am coming to Australia again. I will inshaAllah meet you in Sydney and will take you to some Islamic centers inshaAllah. Havent seen you guyz in along time :) If we dont go at the same time, let me know when you re going so i can tell you where our old community members go from Hussainia back home :D. Quite a few people migrated. Oh btw sis wilayah, the Fatima Zahra Islamic center, how far would that be from lets say, epping?

Fi Amaan Allah

(bismillah) (salam)

It would be a good 30min drive, depending on traffic.

Bismillah

Salaam

Fi Amaan Allah

(salam)

Dearest Ali

That's great to hear!!! InshaAllah we will meet up in Sydney in summer :). I will try to drag Abu Hasan there. We hope our children can attend summer camp if there are any in Sydney. I heard that the Imam Husein Islamic centre in Sydney does organise summer camps. We are also making plans to visit NZ inshaAllah..but it is still in the planning stage..nothing confirmed as yet. Either way, inshaAllah we'll make a point to visit you and your family, Ali :D.

Sheikh Mansur from Imam Husein Islamic centre came to the Panjatan in Melbourne and gave some good lectures (in English) during the anniversary of the birth of our Imam (a.s. may Allah hasten his appearance). They really have marvellous lecturers from Sydney.

Take care

Massalama

P.S. Bring a 4WD when u come over, Abu Hasan wants to trade his Tarago for one......just joking :D

(bismillah)

(salam)

Hey Khala, I will try to bring some cars there. Lets see how it goes. I just have to find out how much tax they will put on the cars if i bring them from here. If its reasonable, i will bring a 4WD for you :) inshaAllah

Fi Amaan Allah

(bismillah)

(salam)

Hey Khala, I will try to bring some cars there. Lets see how it goes. I just have to find out how much tax they will put on the cars if i bring them from here. If its reasonable, i will bring a 4WD for you :) inshaAllah

Fi Amaan Allah

(salam)

Ali, can u make sure that's it is an 8-seater 4WD? Need to fit all my kids in it. :D

Are you serious about bringing in cars? Anyway..yeah..I think the tax can be quite a sum!

Take care. Hope to see you soon, inshaAllah.

kh

Assalamu alaykum,

In regards to Summer Camps here in Sydney you might want to get in contact with Al-Zahra Muslim Youth.. They are part of the Al-Zahra Islamic Council. They constantly organise Youth Events including camps for Kids and family day outs during the holidays.

During the last school holidays they went to Milson Islands.. The youth had an Island all for themselves.. Apparently it went very smoothly and everyone had a great time.

You can visit their website on http://www.azic.org.au/

The page is still under construction but they keep it updated with coming events..

wa alaykum assalam

Khoder.

Im lebo sis-in-islam, lebos are what makes this country function. Lebos are the only ppl to make America and Israel flee from their turf.... Where do u come from??

Yes Nida, I live in Sydney (the gay capital of the world).

(salam)

well at least the gays feathers were dampened this weekend :)

Edited by wilayah

Selam alaycom,

I wanna come to Australia so I can give sis wilayah and sis pearls big hugs......(yes, I'm having suicidal tendencies)..... and see the koalas drop from the trees due to smoke inhalation and ride a kangaroo!

Peace,

Um Ali