Sign in to follow this  
kumail

Is anyone here from australia?

(salam)

Is it too late to contribute to this thread :unsure: ?? I'm new to shiachat so just want to introduce myself... Well umm...I'm Layla from Sydney... will that do?

This seems like a great site :) !

Salam,

Would you also be Luuluu from paltalk?

No it isn't :) But you're the same "pearlsinvinegar" from the other discussion forum (al-hewar...it's down at the moment :()aren't you? I was wondering where the very learnered sister had got to :D !

Sallams

lol... i havent been on shiachat ages, but saw this thread so thought may as well... I too live in sydney. It's a shame here in sydney we have a young muslim community, but its torn apart, u can start seeing the cracks opening up...

Take care and in good health

Salam Ozzie,

What do you mean torn apart? How so?

Im part of the youth and am very excited, I really do not see the cracks opening up,rather other way around. I fel as if the youth are trying to throw their parents mentality and adopting a new and better one.

I really feel the youth is much less political then the oldies.

wasalam

Salam Alaykum Brothers and Sisters,

Hope you are all doing fine.

It's a shame here in sydney we have a young muslim community, but its torn apart, u can start seeing the cracks opening up

I think you are not aware of the activites taking place, maybe i shouold shed a bit of light briefly on what happens in Sydney:

- Friday Nights at Arncliffe Mosque with Sheikh Mohamamd Jaafar (after Ishaa` prayers)

- Friday Nights at El-Zein's house with Haj Jamal Balaghi (after Ishaa` prayers)

- Saturday Nights at Arncliffe Mosque there is a Majlis

- Saturday Nights at Arncliffe Public School , seminars gvien by Haj Mohammad Mehdi ( http://ansaralmahdi.net/ )

- First week of every month, there is Sheikh Jeehad Ismail coming to talk in Athelstane Public School

- Sheikh Jeehad Ismail has a class on Wednesday Night at Nabi Akram(sawws) center in Granville

- Sheikh Mansoor in Earlwood (IHIC) have Lessons on Friday Nights also. More info from http://www.ihic.org.au/

If i have missed any, its because i cant remember them :)

By the way, Sayed Mehdi Al-Modaressi is coming to Arncliffe Public School this Saturday, Seminar will start at 7pm inshallah, For more information check http://ansaralmahdi.net/ :)

Hope that helped

Salams B)

Sallams

Hey thats excellent if you feel the community aint about to be torn apart. I am involved a little with the youth, and from where i am standing the outlook is very dark unless something quickly is done. Yes kumail i was aware of all the programs you have listed, also you might like to mention Sheik Zaid Alsalami - who has over a decade of education from Qum. Inshallah Kher

Guest rafidite

Salam,

Where does sheikh zain speak?

is this the same person:

"Friday Nights at El-Zein's house with Haj Jamal Balaghi (after Ishaa` prayers)"

Isnt he situated in fairfield?

there are also progs in liverpool, well have been. I dont know if theyre still continuing.

Edited by rafidite

Sallams

Sheik ZAID, not Zain.. lol... well his starting a islamic theology class at IHIC on thursday nights, actually the orientation night was last night, but i am sure you can still get in if you want. Yeah the liverpool programs are rather wishy washy, they normally have it once a month and sheik Jihad normally speaks in them but recently i havent heard much coz Sheik Jihad is back in nabi akram centre at granville. If u think about it, here in Australia especially in Sydney we have some if not the best english speaking ulema.. on the day of judgement were not gonna have good excuses with the likes of Sheik Jihad, Sheik Mansour, Sheik Zaid and Sayyid Mehdi... wow thats some list. The irony is we still get the others comming like, Sheik Arif, Sheik Mustafa Jafar, Sayyid Muhammed Rivzi and offcourse the master of speaches Sir Rajabali ;)

Guest rafidite

Salam,

hey it was late. Its not like I dont know sheikh zaid!

Oh i see so it must be only the iraqis that have their progs in fairfield sometimes.

When did Rizvi come?

oh and isnt there the pakistani husseiniya at grandville. Do you know if thats still functioning? I think they used to be in campsie.. maybe they still are.

Edited by rafidite

Salams,

Hey thats excellent if you feel the community aint about to be torn apart. I am involved a little with the youth, and from where i am standing the outlook is very dark unless something quickly is done.

Sister Ozzie, I know exactly what you are talking about! The only thing capable of tearing our community apart is the big I****. Man it creeps me.

But some people believe it and others dont. The scholars have nothing against each other (I know that in person) and as usual it is probably the followers of each side trying to prove that they are right.

Obviously that provides hatred because everybody wants to think they are right. I for one have freinds on both sides of the border, and the best way to deal with it is to pull the personalities out of the equation and study the concepts. I am against the big I, and would rather not take part in it. As for other that want to, they are still my brothers and sisters.

People need to lighten up and stop pointing the fingers, because the scholars dont.

Sallams

Firstly i am a brother not a sister, and before we start talking about the "I" issue, i wish i could agree that the scholars involved have no problems with each other... I too have friends from both sides and i can see the lack of trust and brotherhood they have for each other... Sister rafidite, i was pullin ur leg! i know it was a typo... Sayyed rizvi went to melbourne during Muharum. As for the pakis... i really aint sure coz i aint one! But your right they do have a place in granville but thats all in urdu and there is another one also in campsie which is a totally different organisation.

Salaam Alaikum wr wb,

I don't live in Australia but I have family in Sydney.

Have you guys heard of the Fatima te Zahra Islamic Centre.....ummm I think that's it.

I also know a sheikh there too. Sheikh Jihad if anyone knows him?

Inshallah I want to visit sometime next year....