zainabia

How to view and write in Urdu/Farsi

Bismillah

Salam Alaikum

Dear brothers and sisters, wellcome to Urdu/Farsi Forum. You would be wondering how to write and view urdu/farsi at this discussion forum. But don't worry. Insha-Allah, it would be no problem. Just follow the following guidelines for viewing:

=======================

Guidelines For Viewing:

1) Internet Explorer 5 or above

=====================

You would be needing Internet Explorer 5 or above in order to view the Urdu/Farsi text.

If you don't have, then you can download it freely from here

It is fully compatible with windows 95,98, 2000 and xp.

2)Web Browser Setting:

===============

In order to view Urdu/Farsi text, we have to change the setting of our web-browser (i.e. Internet Explorer 5 or 6).

Please click the right button of your "Mouse", then go to "Coding", then select "More", and finally select "Arabic (Windows)".

NOte: In many cases, the explorer will automatically detect the Arabic (Windows) Coding and perhaps you need not to view change it manually.

شیعہ چاٹ پر ہم آپ لوگوں کو خوش آمدید کہتے ہیں

Can you see your wellcome in Urdu above?

3) If anyone still facing problems in viewing, then please contact to me. We will remove the problems together. Insha-Allah.

Specially, I am afraid that "Windows 98" and "Windows 95" users can get the problems.

Can any Windows 95 or 98 user confirm us that he can view the urdu text properly?

===============

I don't have time at moment to tell you how to write Urdu/Farsi here. I will be writing it for you tonight. Insha-Allah.

Was Salam.

[in the meantime, I would suggest my Urdu Speaking brothers/sisters to download the professional Urdu Font from BBC Urdu.

The link is www.bbc.com/urdu

We can work here with "Tahoma Font", but it is not so beautiful for Urdu. You will enjoy using BBC Urdu Font].

=================

Was Salam.

برادران فارسی زبان،

سلام علیکم

انشاء اللہ حال شما خوب ہستید۔

Sorry brothers, if you want me to chat with you in Farsi, then first you have to teach it to me :)

I will be in contact with br. Ali and insha-Allah, we will get more attractive Urdu/Farsi Forum for us.

Was Salam.

(salam)

is it me or are some of the letters coming in as squares? i dont know why this is happening

Salam

.......... same here.....some leters in squares <_< ... i wonder if u people making another language like urdu ;)

WAISEI TUM LOGON NEI URDU KA BERA GHARAKH TO KER HEE DIYA HEI ^_^

ABB YEI BHEE KERDO ;)

kidding :P

(salam)

is it me or are some of the letters coming in as squares? i dont know why this is happening

Bismillah

Salam Alaikum

Brother/Sister??, please tell me which sytem are you using? Is it Windows 98?

Well, for windows 20000 and xp, there should be no problem. But windows 98 and 95 users may get Different problems.

So Piyarilarki (br. / sis?), please come in contact with me while you have to go through some steps before you can view Urdu/Farsi text.

====================

Was Salam.

How to WRITE the Urdu/Farsi Text in Discussion Forum?

Bismillah

Salam Alaikum

Well, for this you will be needing a small free shareware program, known as Unipad (there are other choices too, but Unipad is the best).

This program can be downloaded Here

It's a small program and very easy to install. Just follow the instructions there.

=====================

How to write Urdu/Farsi text in Unipad?

Once you have opened a new page at the editor of Unipad, please go to "Systems" in the toolbars and select your Language (i.e. Either Urdu or Persian or Arabic).

Just on the left side of "System" icon, there is an icon of "Virtual Keyboard". Just press it and Virtual Urdu Keyboard will appear.

Please not that you have to press the "Shift" button on "Virtual Keyboard", in order to see some more Urdu Alphabets like

ء آ ں، ؤ، ئ، وغیرہ

=====================

Direction of Writing Text

On the extreme left side of the Unipad Editor Window, there are two "Arrows" given, in order to change the direction of writing i.e.

1) Either from "Right" to "Left" (for languages in Arabic Class)

2) Or from "Left to Right (for English)

You have to choose the first option.

This step is not necessary, but you will feel convinient in writing Urdu/Farsi if you select the right direction.

======================

Copy and Paste

Once you have written the Urdu/Farsi Text, just copy it and paste it into the Editor of our forum (i.e. www.shiachat.com Editor)

=======================

Last Step i.e. Selecting "Tahoma" Font

Last step before posting is to select Tahoma Font for the complete Urdu/Farsi Text.

When you paste the Urdu Text from Unipad to www.shiachat.com Editor, you will see a lot of "Square Boxes". Don't get worried.

For right click you mouse and then choose option of "Select All".

Above in Editor, you have the choice of selecting "Fonts". Just select "Tahoma" font from there.

Now you can post your Urdu/Farsi Text.

Otherwise at the begining of Urdu text, just write . And at the end of Urdu Text, just write

================

All these steps are very easy and with the time you will feel no problem in doing so. Just practice.

If anybody still feels problem, then please contact me.

Was Salam.

(salam)

I was just wondering, can we get better fonts than that?

Salam Alaikum

Yes brother, it is possible.

There are 2 other fonts available

For example, one is MS Sans Serif. Instead of using Tahoma Font, you can use it and it's very good if used in it's original size.

=================

HOwever, the best font for writing Urdu/Farsi text is "Urdu Naskh Asiatype", which is developed by BBC. One has to download it from www.bbc.com/urdu

It's the most beautiful font which we can use here in our discussion forum. But the only problem is this that we have to extra download it, while "Tahoma" and "MS Sans Serif" are already installed in our computers.

Well, I have this font Installed in my computer and I can see beautiful Urdu/farsi text for our discussion forum. In next step, I will strongly suggest all of you to install it into your computers.

It is hoped that in next versions of MS office, Word, Internet Explorer etc., this "Urdu Naskh Asiatype" font will automatically be installed like all other fonts.

Was Salam.

ewwwwwwwwwww... those fonts are gross. hahahhh :D

just kidding, thanx for ur help.. ohhh u dont know how u solved so many problems or ours just by this.

!سلام بر فارسي زباهاي جهان

!انشا الله هاله شما خوب است و عيد شما مبارك

One thing I would like to request, please make your Farsi/Urdu fonts a little bigger than the default size. It is easier to read when it is bigger. :D

*Farsiwans--I know Eid is gone. :D

!سلام بر فارسي زباهاي جهان

!انشا الله هاله شما خوب است و عيد شما مبارك

nice farsi, but dude... u spell the hale shuma .... wrong.. try to work on that ok and i am just trying to help.. doesnt want to make u embarace or some thing ok bro. khuda hafiz

kame farsi noweshtan ra yaad begeir. wee...

nice farsi, but dude... u spell the hale shuma .... wrong.. try to work on that ok and i am just trying to help.. doesnt want to make u embarace or some thing ok bro. khuda hafiz

kame farsi noweshtan ra yaad begeir. wee...

Chashom aghah, teshakkor kah marah komak karden. Shomaham khad [bah] Ingilisiyeh khoh tamreen konen...we both gotta practice somethin'... :D

(salam)

Sis zainabia its a really gr8 topic you strated.I love urdu but i cant read.so i would be really greatful to you if u could help me how to some read urdu.

looking forward to larn a lot( :) )

wsalaam :)

(salam)

Sis zainabia its a really gr8 topic you strated.I love urdu but i cant read.so i would be really greatful to you if u could help me how to some read urdu.

looking forward to larn a lot( :) )

wsalaam :)

Salam Alaikum

Sorry brother for late reply. Believe me I really don't have much time to concentrate on all the things at moment. Please pray for me that Allah (swt) give me more Taufeeq. Amin.

Regarding your question about windows 98........

I would strongly suggest that change your sytem to 2000 or XP. There is a way to view Urdu Text in windows 98 too, but it is a very difficult one and I am not sure if it will work 100% .

Was Salam.

Bismillah

Salam Alaikum

How good are you in LInix?

Anyhow, it is not difficult to write Urdu in Linux in professional way (by using directly Open Office). Actually, by this way you can write Urdu in any application.

Please visist http://www.crulp.org/

Here you will get all the necessary informations.

As far as Urdu Fonts are concerned, you may install Tahoma font, or the Nafees fonts (which again you will find on above mentioned site).

If you have success to this, then please let me know.

===============

PS: Can you tell me which Linux version are you using?

Was Salam.

PS: Can you tell me which Linux version are you using?

Was Salam.

Dear Sis Zainabia Salam,

I'm using Fedora at the moment. Use to be a SuSe fan , but still waiting for the latest version to show up on ebay ;-)

thanks for the website link, openoffice is a much smarter way to write stuff..

wassalam,

S L

Edited by ShahLatif