Reading two namaz together......... - Namaz

7 replies to this topic

#1 Questioner

Questioner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 09:25 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Some people have said that reading two namaz together is not right for example Zuhr then Asr.........what do you guys think?

#2 Orion

Orion

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,979 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 06:19 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Salam o Alekum,

We pray the way Rasool Allah (SAWW) used to pray. There are clear hadith on this issue. Let people say what they want to say. Since you have asked this question in Shia/Sunni forum I will assume that a Sunni brother/sister may have raised objection. If that is the case show the following hadith:

Why do Shia combine Zohar-Asar prayers and Magrib-Isha prayers?

It is the Sunnah of the Prophet (SAWW) to offer Zohar-Asar prayers togather and Magrib-Isha prayers togather. That is one after the other. Here are some hadith from Sunni sources:

Sahih Muslim, Book 004, Number 1515:

Ibn 'Abbas reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) observed the noon and afternoon prayers together, and the sunset and Isha' prayers together without being in a state of fear or in a state of journey.

Sahih Muslim, Book 004, Number 1516:

Ibn 'Abbas reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) observed the noon and afternoon prayers together in Medina without being in a state of fear or in a state of journey. (Abu Zubair said: I asked Sa'id [one of the narrators] why he did that. He said: I asked Ibn 'Abbas as you have asked me, and he replied that he [the Holy Prophet] wanted that no one among his Ummah should be put to [unnecessary] hardship.)

Sahih Muslim, Book 004, Number 1520:

Ibn 'Abbas reported that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) combined the noon prayer with the afternoon prayer and the sunset prayer with the 'Isha' prayer in Medina without being in a state of danger or rainfall. And in the hadith transmitted by Waki' (the words are):" I said to Ibn 'Abbas: What prompted him to do that? He said: So that his (Prophet's) Ummah should not be put to (unnecessary) hardship." And in the hadith transmitted by Mu'awiya (the words are):" It was said to Ibn 'Abbas: What did he intend thereby? He said he wanted that his Ummah should not be put to unnecessary hardship."

Sahih Muslim, Book 004, Number 1522:

Ibn 'Abbas reported that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) observed in Medina seven (rak'ahs) and eight (rak'ahs), i. e. (be combined) the noon and afternoon prayers (eight rak'ahs) and the sunset and 'Isha' prayers (seven rak'ahs).

One can offer them saperately but many combine Zohar-Asar prayers togather and Magrib-Isha prayers togather, just like the Prophet (SAWW) did.

Khuda Hafiz.

Khuda Hafiz.

Edited By Orion on 1031657079

#3 followeroftherasul

followeroftherasul

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 11:43 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid1]Salaam. Just to note bro Orion, although it is permissible and good to practice the Salaat together as Rasul did at times, it is not REQUIRED to do so. Allah knows best. Salaam.

#4 Akhi

Akhi

Speechless...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 01:11 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Salaam o 3alykum,

The Holy Qur'an also implies to combine the dhuhr and 'asr prayers and the maghrib and 'isha prayers:

'Establish worship at the two ends of the day and in some watches of the night. Lo! good deeds annul ill deeds. This is a reminder for the mindful.'
[11.114]

Shukran

Was-Salam

#5 Orion

Orion

• Advanced Members
  • 7,979 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 05:58 PM

[quote][color=#000000:post_uid0]Salaam. Just to note bro Orion, although it is permissible and good to practice the Salaat together as Rasul did at times, it is not REQUIRED to do so. Allah knows best. Salaam.

#6 Muhammed Ali

Muhammed Ali

• Mods
  • 5,661 posts
  • Interests:Allah

Posted 10 September 2002 - 06:09 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid14]salaam alaykum! :)

so how can we prove that these narrations do not refer to joining only during the end time of one prayer and the beginin of another? eg to pray when dhur time is comming to an end and to pray asr at the begining of its time?

#7 Abdulhujjah

Abdulhujjah

íÇ ÇÈÇ ÕÇáÍ ãÏÏí

• Advanced Members
  • 8,436 posts
  • Interests:Staying real, I hate fake people

Posted 10 September 2002 - 06:19 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid1]786-110

Salamon alaikom,

أَقِمِ الصَّلاَةَ لِدُلُوكِ الشَّمْسِ إِلَى غَسَقِ اللَّيْلِ وَقُرْآنَ الْفَجْرِ إِنَّ قُرْآنَ الْفَجْرِ كَانَ مَشْهُودًا
[17:78] Keep up prayer from the declining of the sun till the darkness of the night and the morning recitation; surely the morning recitation is witnessed.

The prayers are mentioned at the three instances. You can pray the dohr-asr together and maghrib-3isha together. Although it is favourable to separate them.
Allah knows best

Wassalaam

#8 Sayed Maher

Sayed Maher

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 170 posts
  • Interests:Islam.

Posted 10 September 2002 - 07:42 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Salam aleykum,

Salam aleykum brothers and sisters. Brother Muhammad Ali posed a question that I think went un-answered. Insha Allah I will answer it. Brother Muhammad Ali, the way to combine prayers is very simple, one takes the difference in time between the 2 prayers, and takes half of that, and adds it to the first prayer, and you have when you are able to combine. For example. Salat Al Duhr is at 12, and Salat al Asr is at 4. The difference here is 4 hours. Take half of 4 hours (2 hours) and add it to the time of Salat al Duhr and you have your time of Jami' or of combination. The time would be 2 p.m. Now, this is the correct way to do Jami', but anyone who prays the Salat after the Sun has moved 1° from its position at the time of the Duhr prayer, their Salat is accepted.

Salam aleykum,
Sayed Maher Kassem.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users