Ali

[FAQ] Using special features

[MOD NOTE: This information is obsolete; kept for historical reasons. See updated posts below.]

There are a few special features that you can use in your post to make it more attractive:

Bold/Italic/Underline

When typing in your post, there are a few tags you may use to make your text Bold, Underlined or Italic.

If you're on "Guided Mode", click on the [ B ] button and it will ask you to type in the text that you wish to make Bold. Same thing with the [ I ] (Italic) and [ U ] features. Click on OK when you're done and it will automatically place the correct tags.

If you're on Normal Mode, click on the [ B ] and it will automatically place a [ B ] tag in your post that will make every word after it bold. To stop the text from becoming bold, click on the [ B ] again and it will insert a [ /B ] tag that will end the bold command. Every word from [ B ] to [ /B ] will be bold, everything outside will be normal. The exact same applies with the rest of the commands

Example:

This:

"This is a test.  [b]This is bold[/b], [i]this is Italic[/i] and [u]this is underlined[/u].  [b][i][u]This is all combined![/b][/i][/u]"

Would produce:

"This is a test.  This is bold, this is Italic and this is underlinedThis is all combined!"

Colour/Font

Same as the above. Simply select the FONT feature, then size and colour. Type in your text and click on "Close all tags" to go back to normal font.

Smilies

You may use emoticons (or smilies) to lighten up your post. Click on any of the icons you see on the left of your text box and it will place that corrisponding icon right where your cursor is.

Click on "Show All" to see all the available icons.

Emails and links

To type in a link or email so that others can click on it and be directed to the URL or email, click on the [ @ ] icon if you're typing in an email or the [ http:// ] icon if you're typing in an address (URL).

Quoting

There are two ways to use the QUOTE feature.

1) Using the [ Quote ] button.

You will notice that ontop of every post, there is a [ Quote ] button, on the top right. This is used to quote any part of that post.

For example, If I wish to Quote what I said above, the part where I said "This is used to quote any part of that post". I would have to click on the [ Quote ] on the top right of this post, then I'd get a new screen, similar to the one you get when you're posting a normal post. The first box is where you write your message, the second one is the message you're quoting. Simply delete everything except the part you wish to quote.. In my case, it's "This is used to quote any part of that post".

2) Using the [ Quote ] tag

Copy any sentance, paragraph or word you wish to quote, simple click on the [ QUOTE ] option you see on the top of your text area and it will place a [ QUOTE ] tag in your post. Paste the words you wish to quote then click on [ QUOTE ] again to close that quote.

Example:

[quote]This is a quote[/quote]

Will show:

This is a quote

There are a few special features that you can use in your post to make it more attractive:

Bold/Italic/Underline

After you type your reply, select the part of your post that you want to make bold and then click the icon above the reply.

Select the part you want to italicize and click on the I icon.

Select the part you want to underline and click on the U icon.

See the image:

special.jpg

Color/Font/Size

After you type your reply, select the part of your post that you want to change. Click on the color icon (capital A circled in red), the font (circled in blue) and the size (circled in green) to choose your options. Click on the image if you need to enlarge it.

color font size.jpg

Smilies

Click on the smilie face to open the Emoticons. In the box, type the letter e to see all the emoticons. You might need to slide the bar down (blue arrow) to view all the emoticons. See the image:

emoticon box.jpg

Another option is to Click on the smilie face to open the Emoticons, then click on Categories and click on the number (78 right now) to view all the emoticons. See the image:

smilies all.jpg