}Farsh-e-Aza{

Aza-e-Hussain

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts
  • Interests:Hub-e-Hussain, Zikr-e-Hussain, Gham-e-Hussain

Posted 26 May 2003 - 05:13 PM

Salaams

can someone take out istikhara on my behalf.. i mean can a friend of min go upto a shiekh and ask him to make an istikhra for me.. Please bear in mind that i am not present at with him at the time he is asking the Shiekh to make istikhara..

I think its not allowed and the isthikara is invalid.. just want to confirm

Farsh-e-Aza

#2 Guest_rafidite_*

Guest_rafidite_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2003 - 08:03 PM

Salam,

Ive done this almost alll the time. Ive asked friends to contact ulama in iran to make an istikhare for me. You should have just made your niyyat. Thats all.

Don't really have any evidence for this, but mujtahids have performed this for me, knowing that someone else was asking on my behalf, and they went ahead and did it, and they gave me the answer through them too. Sometimes ive just written my niyyat on a piece of paper and enclosed it in an envelope and sent it. They dont even open the envelop, they write the answer on the cover of the envelop!

So unless you want some explanation, or want to do some last minute istishare, then i would just do that.. ask a friend to ask a sheikh, or someone who accept to do the istikhare for you.

Some ulama on teh other hand believe it is best that you do the istikhare yourself.

Ive done this before.. but if its a life changing decision, and youre nervous about it, or other people are likely to contest you on your decision, i have often opted to have the BEST availble person to perform it for me.

I ask someone else to do it (preferably one of the ulama) because I figure they are pious, they know what they are doing, and I havent sinned through them.. so my "dua" will not be blocked by my sins in that way.

I think sheikh saleem bhimji wrote a little booklet on istikhare from the point of view of a few iranian scholars.

it may be online at www.al-mubin.org

inshallah if i find the time ill look for it.

#3 Guest_Teenage_youth_*

Guest_Teenage_youth_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2003 - 08:17 PM

(salam)

What'S Istikhara? :unsure:

Wasalam
Teenage

#4 Guest_rafidite_*

Guest_rafidite_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2003 - 09:11 PM

http://www.al-mubin......rom Allah.pdf

theres the book

istikhare has a few forms, but its basically performed when youre confused about what to do, and youve already consulted others about it. So you make a niyyah (intention), eg. i will take the job at the library.

then perform the istikhare. this may be by praying first and then reciting a dua and opening the quran and decifering your answer by the first ayah that appears, or it may be done with tasbeeh (rosery beads).

I think it should be explained in the above book.

there are other ways of making istikhare too, and the different things which are best to do, and the time best to perform it etc etc.. you can find these in books like mafateeh al jinan.

584. Question: Has istikhãra any basis in the shari‘a? Is there a problem in repeating the istikhãra [for the same intention] by paying alms [before it] in order to get a guidance that is to one’s liking?

Answer: One may resort to istikhãra (albeit with the intention of rajã’an) in situations where he is confused and cannot prefer one side [of the issue] to the other, after having pondered over it and having consulted [those who know about it]. Repeating the istikhara is not right, unless it is for a different issue.

http://www.najaf.org.../Code/Index.htm

Edited by rafidite, 26 May 2003 - 09:12 PM.

#5 Guest_so_solid_shia_*

Guest_so_solid_shia_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2003 - 09:12 PM

salam alaikum...

Well its like an opinion from Allah.
Correct me if im wrong (which im sure everyone will..just watch)

When i was choosing my subjects lol my grandmother did an istikhara to see if taking Information technology was better than Computer science.....and it came out as "I.T. IS MORE BENEFICIAL AND taking Computer science..would be very tragic"
It can be done from a tasbeeh...i.e. a person makes an intention for example "should i travel to iraq ya Allah"....an through the Quran depending on wat ayat is opened or from a tasbeeh (odd number beads at the end means YES and even means NO " this can be determined.......IM so terrible at explaining things :!!!:

KHODA HAFEZ

#6 Guest_rafidite_*

Guest_rafidite_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2003 - 09:17 PM

Salam,

sorry i have to run but just wanted to add, that you have to make a niyyat, taht is intention to do someting or not do it. then the istikhare will advise you if its good bad or medium-motewasita: ie not good or bad (medium is given by quran istikhare). sometimes the sheikh will tell you if its leaning to good or bad.

like you have to say something like:

to take the job at the library

not : is it good to take the job at the library

your intention is to take the job at the library

alternatively you can make an intention NOT to take the job at the library.. then if it comes bad, you might want to do an istikhare to take the job at the library... then if that comes bad... lol you know to look elsewhere for a job i guess :D either that or youre doomed LOL

ok i better run stress is making me overly silly.

oh just needed to add, you dont have to follow the answer to an istikhare but it really is VERY much recommended.. i dont have time to tell you the story of that guy who wanted to make istikhare to go on the business trip.. but the answer came bad (from one of the imams too btw) but it wasnt wajib for him to comply so he went..

long story short.. he went and made lots of money.. so he didnt figure why the istikhare had come bad, then the imam told him didnt you go to such and sucha place etc etc and miss your prayers.. and he said yeah.

he (as) said well the prayers that you missed because of your travelling (and therefore getting too tired or whatnot) were far more worthy/precious than the money that you made on teh trip.

Edited by rafidite, 26 May 2003 - 09:22 PM.

#7 Guest_rafidite_*

Guest_rafidite_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2003 - 03:22 AM

Salam,

found (well actually came across it in an email) another link:

http://www.duas.org/istikhara.htm

i think there was somewhere online where you could ask for an online istikhare to be done for you... dunno where though.. forgotten.

#8 jlainqatar

jlainqatar

Mabrook alaycom as-shahr!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts
  • Interests:Islam, education, psychology, exercise/sports

Posted 27 May 2003 - 04:29 AM

Selam alaycom,

Sis rafidite: how much tea have you been drinking? Did the machine spit out extra bags or what?

Peace,
Um Ali

#9 Guest_rafidite_*

Guest_rafidite_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2003 - 04:34 AM

whwwhwhwy? do i sound hyper?

hehehehhehe

#10 }Farsh-e-Aza{

}Farsh-e-Aza{

Aza-e-Hussain

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 05:03 PM

Salaams

Thanks a lot Sis Rafidite for the whole bunch of posts.. and you dont sound hyper :)

But my Question is.. can someone take istikhara for me without me knowing..

IN all the cases you have mentioned.. you made niyyat..

what i am saying is some friend trying to be a really friendly goes up to a shiekh with my problem and gets an istikhara for ME.. and heck i dont even know about it..

Should i respect that istikhara or just consider it invalid..

Farsh-e-Aza

#11 Guest_rafidite_*

Guest_rafidite_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2003 - 10:09 PM

If you hadnt made the niyyat AND you hadnt asked that person to ask that sheikh to do it for you, the istikhare is invalid.

Edited by rafidite, 27 May 2003 - 10:09 PM.

#12 }Farsh-e-Aza{

}Farsh-e-Aza{

Aza-e-Hussain

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 08:30 AM

Salaams

Thanks a lot sister.. some people really dont know what istikhara is all about

Farsh-e-Aza

Reply to this topic