There are 11 things wajib in the prayers:
1. Niyyah: Intention to pray for being near to God.
2. Takbirat-ul-Ihram (Allahu Akbar after niyyah).
3. Qiyam: To stand.
5. Two Sajdahs.
6. Qira'at: to recite Surah al-Hamd and another Surah in first two rak’ats and Tasbihat al-Arba’ah.
(Subhanallahi wal-hamdu lillahi wa la ilaha illal-lahu wallahu Akbar) or Surah al-Hamd in
the 3rd and 4th rak’ats.
7. Dhikr: to recite tasbih in ruku’ and sajdah, as will be explained later.
10. Tartib: To pray in the sequence prescribed by the shari’ah.
11. Muwalaat: To pray without interruption or gap.