Personally, I feel happy that Omar was assasinated. It doesnt really matter who this abu lulu guy was.
"After Abu Bakr obtained Bay'at from the people (by sword and force), he sent Omar, Khaled ebne Waleed, Abu Obaydeh Jarraah, and a bunch of the other monaafgheen to Ali and Fatimah's house to get their Bay'at for Abu Bakr. Omar put firewood around the house. This is the same house that the Prophet pbuh had stood on its doorway and said: Assalamu alaikum yaa ahla baytel nubuwwah! (Salam to you oh household of Nabuwwah) and never entered the house without permission of Ali/Fatemah.
Omar set the house on fire. Pregnant Fatemah rushed to the door to block Omar and his gang. But Omar hit and pressed Fatimah so hard against the door that Fatimah's son became seqt (died in her) and the door's nail penetrated inside Fatemah's chest.
Fatemah cried: Oh Father! yaa rasulullah! See what misery (Museebat) the son of Khataab and the son of Abi Ghahaafah (Abu Bakr) have inflicted unto us- your progeny!
Omar ordered his men to beat Fatimah and thus she became majrooh."
Sunni references that narrate similar versions of the above account:
1. Masnad of Ahmad Hanbal vol3/259
2. Ensaab ul Ashraaf of Balaazheri 586/1
3. al'aqd ul fareed 13/5
4. Melal wa Nahl of Shahrestaani 57/1
5. Ethbaat ul Wathiyaah of Al Mas'udi 123/
6. Alwaafi belwafeeyaat 347/5
7. lesaan ul mizaan 268/1 (mentions that Omar kicked Fatimah so hard that baby Muhsen was killed inside her womb)
8. Al Imaamat wal Siyaasat Ebne Qutaybeh 19-20/1
Fatimah shortly after died while she was severely bitter and angry (Ghadhab) with Omar and Abu Bakr.
Sunni references mentioning this:
1. Sharh of Ebne Abi al Hadeed 50/6
2. Saheeh Al bukhaari 5th book /2
3. Masnad of Ahmad Hanbal 6/1
4. Sunan of Bayhaqi 300/6
5. Tabaqaat of Ebne Sa'd 18/8
6. Saheeh of Termedhi vol1 baab of maa jaa'a fee tarkate rasoolullah.
And finally consider the Hadith that says:
"Allah will be happy (yardhaa) when Fatimah is happy and will be bitter and angry (yagh-dhebo) when Fatimah is bitter."
1. Mustadrak Haakem 153/3
2. Asad ul Ghaabah of Ebne Atheer 522/5
3. Esaabah of Ebne Hajar 159/8
4. tahzeeb al tahzheeb 441/12
5. Kenz ul Emaal of Muttaqi 111/7
6. Dhahabi in mizaan ul e'tedaal 72/2
I hope I didnt make any mistakes in copying down the numbers.
Edited by zereshk, 11 January 2003 - 04:58 PM.