Just for mentioning a point of solidarity, unity, and understanding to my (Sunni-Shia) brothers and sisters in Islam
5 Questions to ask a so-called ‘Atheist’
1. What caused the Big Bang?
2. If matter was eternal, then according to the 2nd law of thermodynamics, which states that all matter will soon be neutralized and uniform one day, shouldn’t the universe would have already been uniform and neutralized long ago?
3. Where did the first cell on earth get its genes from?
4. How can consciousness (us) emerge from non-consciousness (early matter)? If it did, then you are basically saying that matter is recently (3,500 million years ago) becoming self-aware? And therefore matter isn’t eternal, because of the word ‘recently’?
5. Since the Big Bang is considered the main cause of every effect, and no particle moves unless another force hits it (Newton's laws of motion) you are saying that the precise movement of every particle during the Big Bang determined whether I get an A+ or A- on my next test? But this depends on my free-will to study or not to study, so actually this is being caused by a will, which is not matter, because if matter had a will, then that would basically mean that matter is a self-aware god!
(Note: If someone wants to attempt to answer these, then answer all of them at once, because they are inter-related)
Wassalam; 13th of Rajab Mubarak!
Edited by ShiaPoet, 02 June 2012 - 08:02 PM.