I have this idea since a few days, about creating a SC Hafiz Society.
I won't mention, all the hadiths/benefits about memorizing the Quran or starting any debate here about the importance of understanding the Quran. This topic is only for memorization tips/advice/methods, to stay motivated, to report every day our progress and encourage each other.
This thread is not mine, it's yours, and it's destiny depends on you guys. If no one is interested, it will ended soon..
Inshallah we will begin on the 1st Rajab as it's an important date for an important change in your life. It will be easier to remember in the future when you started this project.
So you have a few days to be prepared, to invite all your friends and take part to this big program.
We should learn about 5 ayats per day (depends on you of course) which means 150 ayats a month. If we start in Rajab, we should have learned 300 ayats finish the first two surah before the beginning of Ramadhan.
Here is a few topics about Quran memorization methodes/benefits/hadiths you might need to read:
- How The Quran Shapes The Brain - Article : http://www.shiachat....__fromsearch__1
- Benefits Of The Surahs: http://www.shiachat....__fromsearch__1
- Quran (a SC user presented the method used by Allamah Tabatabai): http://www.shiachat...._1#entry1223787
- How To Memorize Qur'an: http://www.shiachat....__fromsearch__1
- Qur'an Memorisation: http://www.shiachat...._1#entry1604157
- Memorising The Quran: http://www.shiachat...._1#entry2356735
- Memorizing Quran: http://www.shiachat...._1#entry2149424
- Excellent Tips For Memorizing The Quran: http://www.shiachat....__fromsearch__1
- Memorised The Quran?: http://www.shiachat...._1#entry2104087
- We should get some sisters/brothers together and post every day about our progress to encourage each other! Who else is down??
- Learn Quran Off By Heart: http://www.shiachat...._1#entry2010078
- I want to memorize the Holy Quran: http://www.shiachat...._1#entry1977399
- How Many Juz Amma Memorizers Here?: http://www.shiachat...._1#entry1679316
and this fabulous tafsir Al-Mizan: http://www.shiasource.com/al-mizan/
We will Inshallah, start by the beginning, with sourat Al-Fatiha and then sourat Al-Baqarah. Why ? if we memorize it completely, it's like we pass a psychological/moral barrier as this Surah is know as the longuest/hardest surah. When we will reach the end of this surah, nothing could stop us to finish the whole Quran Inshallah.
Why did i mentionned surah al Fatiha as everyone know it ? well it depends on which methods you're gonna use for memorization as some people learn by reciting backwards (one of the best). As a great sheikh said, even if everyone knows this surah and recite it a few times a day, most people are not capable of reciting it in reverse, starting by the end (you can try it now if you want..).
Remember,in order to start learning Quran by heart:
- You need to have a proper "makhraj" and "tajweed" (see this thread: http://www.shiachat....__fromsearch__1)
- I would recommend you to get a Quran where the ayats end at the bottom of the page ( which is the case in most Othmani script, not in all indo/paki script).
- You should use the same quran because it's important for your visual memory.
- Listening Qari helps a lot. So i would recomment you to get those ios/android apps for listening quran everywhere at any time.
iOs (iphone/ipad/ipod touch)
You can also download full Quran for you Blackberry, tablets, android, pc/mac etc..
- You can find all other remarks and advices on links listed above
- One important thing, is to keep yourself away from sins as it decreases your memory and it will be harder to learn Quran. Let's make the 1st Rajab a new breath in our life, let's begin a revolution (inqilab) in our heart, let's prepare ourselves for Shar-ul-Ramadhan and Laylat-ul-Qadr and let's see the result.
P.s: As i'm french, and my english is really poor, i seek for your apologize for all the mistakes i made (and i will make), Feel free to correct me.
Edit: i forgot to add, we could meet sometimes on SC tchat to test each other in live,..
Sooooo, who's in ?
Edited by cendrillon, 17 May 2012 - 12:33 PM.