Purpose: To recognize ShiaChat poetry from 2009 by giving the poems and their authors more readings.
Note: the selection process for the poet of the year doesn't necessarily reflect who may be the most talented. Also, many poets may not want such attention for various reasons. A primary reason is that many of these poems are spritual in nature and the true glory of the this poetry belongs to God alone. Keep this forward in your minds and be respectful. It helps to address the poem, not the poet.
- Each member of ShiaChat can make three selections from the year of 2009.
- Your selection should have the title, the author, and a ShiaChat link at a minimum. You should cut and paste the entire poem in if this is the poems first selection, but I would encourage you to just give a link and a title if your selection has already been selected by another member.
- You may also make comments on what moved you to make your selection if you like.
- Count off your votes. This is helps me keep track and make sure somebody does not vote 4 or 5 times by mistake.
- No changing votes, so page back all the way to page 12 at lest.
- Be careful about the date the poem was posted. Several people selected poems from 2007 and 2008 and this kept Batool busy last year. Select poetry from 2009, not 2010 and 2008!
- Final selection will be March 7th. (end date)