ok I do have some idea about computers and networking. So to protect my fellow sisters I am going to contribute some tips:
1. Install anit Spyware software lol no seriously. You might not know it that a person is watching your computer screen and keystrokes and stuff just as though he was standing next to you.
2. Dont install any VNc servers on your computers and if you do then switch them off if not needed.
3. Get yourself a router. When you are behind a router you have quite a significant layer of security without too much of a cost.
4. Firewall yourself. If you like DIY, Pm me to find out how to make a dedicated firewall from your old computer
5. Always send encrypted messages
6. If possible send digitally signed messages
7. Use strong passwords like zX53mjfY421 lol
8. Dont mess around on less known websites as they might transfer insecure cookies to your system
9. Lastly, the easiest and BEST tip
Get a Mac! yippe
Why dont the mods just trace route this guy's Ip and inform the police who would be able to track down the router he is behind.
Edited by dingdong, 06 February 2008 - 09:11 AM.