Note: This is an Islamic site, anything that is not noted below and is considered unIslamic will not be allowed. Laws of Islam and Shari'a are implemented in this site strictly.
The following rules apply in both the Forum and the Chatroom.
- Blasphemy of any kind towards Allah (sw), Prophet Muhammad (saww), the Ahlul-Bayt and any Prophet of Allah, shall be met with a permanent ban from this site. No warning is necessary.
- Disrespect to any Mujtahid, Marja' Taqleed, or religious authority will not be tolerated whatsoever.
Due to previous experience in this site with respect to the above rule, any topics which the moderators agree on to be of controversial nature and would lead to destructive debates and disunity amongst the Ummah will NOT be allowed on this forum. Members who do not abide by this rule would have their post locked/deleted followed by a warning/ban if they do not comply. Members are encouraged to discuss this in private (email or PM) as an alternative to avoid personal attacks and disunity on the site. The Shiachat.com team does however reserve the right to keep such threads open granted that it is put under heavy moderation and all parties engaged in the debate maintain a certain level of respect and maturity.
- Cursing of the 3 "Caliphs" (Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman by name or number) and of any of the Holy Prophet's (pbuh) wives, as well as Sunni scholars is strictly prohibited. This involves cursing by name, swear words and defamatory language. The Moderator/Admin team also reserve the right to edit/delete posts or ban members in accordance with the application of these rules. This is the only way to keep peace between the 2 parties and allow constructive discussions. In response to the bold offering of praise to the enemies of Islam and the Ahlulbayt , Muawiyah and Yazeed, by some members on this board, the ShiaChat team have decided to warn (or ban if warnings are exhausted) any member who offers such open praise to these killers of the Ahlulbayt and the pious Companions.
- No swear words, unmannered replies or racist comments, especially when directed at other members. A warning followed by a temporary ban shall be met. If a member repeats their offensive or racist language, a permanent ban will take place. No excuses.
- We encourage members to be courteous to others, and treat fellow members the way they wish to be treated. Intelligent discourse and freedom of expression is encouraged, as long as it is exercised with responsibility. Insults made against other members on this board are not tolerated, even those made via PM. Warnings will be issued to offending members.
- Member profiles, names, signatures, avatars or titles which are overtly sexual or contain tasteless references to sexual organs and offensive nicks are to be avoided. A request to conform will be followed by a ban if member does not comply.
- Non-Islamic Advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on this site and considered spam. Anyone found doing this will be banned immediately. You're free to advertise your Islamic site to a certain extent however.
- If a member is issued with a suspension or ban, they are not allowed to register a new account to post whilst restrictions are in place. Suspensions and bans are given for a reason, and a member is expected to respect and abide by the decisions made by the Moderating team. If a member registers another account whilst suspended/banned, that account will be banned immediately, and posts from the new account deleted as well as the account itself.
- Policies or actions by the ShiaChat team should not be discussed and made into a public debate, unless specified by a Moderator/Admin. If anyone is unhappy with the actions taken against them by the ShiaChat team feel free to contact the moderators and reasons will be given to them. Discussions of ShiaChat's internal affairs in a public manner causes more confusion and therefore will not be allowed unless initiated by the ShiaChat team. Additionally, topics closed by moderators shall not be re-opened by members in any form or way.
Also note that this site is open for everyone, Muslim or not. Everyone is asked to respect each other as brothers and sisters and respect each others' faith, background and origin. Any attack by anyone towards any of the faiths will not be allowed and would be served by a warning. Muslims are to act as such towards any non-Muslim guests or guests of other faiths. Those of other faiths are to respect this forum and its rules as much as they wish to be respected.
Please obey the above rules as they will be implemented strictly in this site. The Shiachat.com administration team will be the sole and final arbiter on decisions with regards to the above rules. For any questions or comments, contact the administrator at email@example.com
Disclaimer: The administrators reserve the right to add, modify, or remove any of these rules at any time. Rule changes apply to past, current and future posts/material.