The Shiachat Mods and Admins appreciate that, at times, our guests also need to ask questions on the forum without the need to register as a member. While we cannot provide them with all the features that are offered to our members, we have created this forum as a trial so that they can ask genuine questions or share valuable answers. It is one of the many baby steps towards making our forum more user-friendly. Importantly, this forum also allows our registered members to anonymously ask questions. However, moderators still have the tools to cross-check and identify trolls, previously banned members, suspended members etc. One of our main concerns was that this bold step is likely to be abused by trouble makers. Therefore we have decided that double penalty applies to this forum. This means that any troublemaker who willfully posts as a 'guest' to get back at the moderating team, or another member, or whine or insult or break other rules of this forum will immediately be suspended or at worse banned permanently. Please also refer to the following rules:
1. Guests can only make 5 posts per day in a 24 hour period. If things go well and the demand increases, we can increase their post count too.
2. All of the posts by guests are subject to pre-approval by the moderating team. Please be patient as we review the content to ensure that it is in line with our forum rules.
3. Please note that guests can only post on this particular sub-forum. If you wish to participate in other sub-forums and have access to features such as personal messenger, the 'like posts' feature, status updates, unlimited responses, and no restriction of pre-approval of posts etc. you will have to register as a member of Shiachat.
4. Guests will have to complete Captcha to post. They will also have to select an appropriate display name. A guest display name is not a permanent id. Multiple members may use the same display name or one guest may use multiple display names.
5. Please note that the purpose of this sub-forum is to allow guests and members to ask sensible questions or provide answers. All other posts that are irrelevant will not be allowed. Registered members who repeatedly ignore this rule will be suspended/banned. Guests who break this rule will have their access removed from this sub-forum.
6. Important Note for Registered Members: Although this forum allows you to post anonymously from other members, please note that the moderators can still link a post to a member using the IP address. This may be worth consideration to those seeking absolute privacy. Please do not post questions in which you mention personal details. Our forum policy is that we do not delete any post but may decide to hide it from public access.